Bench seat ideas

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny

FNG question. I'm building a fiberglass stretched T-bucket. I'd like to have a bench seat with springs. The body is 37" across. Does anyone know of a small car that would have a backseat that could work???

Thanks

I picked up a middle seat from a van that would probably work, but I don't know the year or make. Got it at a garage sale. Start looking at 5 year old mini vans, that have rear seats in them. Then measure the middle one.

I've done the same as Bonehead and got them from minivans. I have two from Dodge vans. The rear removable seat is 43 inches wide, at least the ones I have are. The center one by the door should be even narrower.

There was a recent magazine article talking about taking a 60's pick up bench seat and cutting it down. Since most of them have a tube frame, its is easy to cut the frame down use a couple slugs and piece it all back together. They also had decent tech on rebuilding the springs and covering the seat. I'll see if I can dig it up online, or if I can find it at home if your interested.

There was a recent magazine article talking about taking a 60's pick up bench seat and cutting it down. Since most of them have a tube frame, its is easy to cut the frame down use a couple slugs and piece it all back together. They also had decent tech on rebuilding the springs and covering the seat. I'll see if I can dig it up online, or if I can find it at home if your interested.

You bet! Thanks

Could this possibly work? The springs from a real Model T seat with new up to date seat padding and cool material.

Does anyone know how wide those seats are?

FNG question. I'm building a fiberglass stretched T-bucket. I'd like to have a bench seat with springs. The body is 37" across. Does anyone know of a small car that would have a backseat that could work???

Thanks

i have 2 mid seats out of a minivan and 1 out of a surburban all measure 35 inches! i cant use none of them cause i need 43 inches , but anyhow that should work for you!

if you cannot find one that would work or one you like....just build one yourself!! It's actually quite easy to do!
Here are a couple of "how-to" pics from another site.....

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back