best place to buy front end parts?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratterman

I'm working on splitting the wishbone for my rat and was just wondering if there are other company's other than speedway to get my parts from.

I'm looking for 2 weld in bungs, 11/16 rht tie-rods, and the bolt on radius rod brackets( i plan to weld them and just like the look better) to get me started at splitting the wishbone.

I wish I could afford Pete & Jakes! Speedway or someplace even cheaper is the most I can hope to buy from. Over the past year I've talked to lots of rod owners from around here about all kinds of front end set up's and I've personally looked at hundreds too. Essentially, the possibilities are endless and for me, understanding which parts I 'll need from all that are available is overwhelming to say the least. I understand the basic's of how they are supposed to work but without having ever built one I'm finding myself really confused in some areas. Speedway is of course the choice of most I've talked to. Problem is, They are still out of my price range by a few hundred dollars on most stuff. Then last year, I got to be good friends with a couple of long time rodders who suggested I go with a MAS Racing products spring behind tube axle front end. My buddy Mike has one under his 32 roadster and he swears by it. He's never had one problem with it. MAS Racing ads have run in SR and several other magazines for at least twenty five years so they have endured the test of time. For the money, $409.00 for a plain basic tube axle front end kit, I'm pretty sold on using them. They also carry everything else to complete the job too. For a safe but inexpensive rat rod, I think they are worth checking out.

http://www.masracing.biz/catalog/i53.html

Last edited:
Well if its cheap you want duct tape and baling wire always worked for me:rolleyes:

Are you saying that the parts speedway sells are of lower quality than the ones in the "kit" on ebay? or is that just sarcasm :rolleyes:

And everyone knows JBweld is used for suspension, duct tape is strictly for autobody repairs and upholstery:D

It was unadulterated sarcasm.
Its your life riding on these parts so why try and save a couple of bucks?
Speedway,Pete and Jakes,Chassis engineering are all reputable.
By the way you can't use jb weld n your radius rods cos it isnt flexible (duct ) tape is;)
Bob

It was unadulterated sarcasm.
Its your life riding on these parts so why try and save a couple of bucks?
Speedway,Pete and Jakes,Chassis engineering are all reputable.
By the way you can't use jb weld n your radius rods cos it isnt flexible (duct ) tape is;)
Bob

I'm not trying to save money by using lower grade parts, i was just comparing the ebay kit with speedways parts (which look identical) and speedway is just cheaper. I suspect the reason would be the volume of parts that speedway buys and sells lowers their cost in turn making the parts cheaper to us.

Oh, and good point on the duct tape being flexible, I almost made a critical chassis error.:D

Latest posts

Back