Beware China made rubber hoses!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made in USA?

My '79 Buick Skyhawk still has the original lower radiator hose & clamp on the radiator end, which is also original, and still doesn't leak, even after replacing the water pump. I still drive it once a week or so.

I would say that in '79 GM used good rubber.

440shorty

I just bought and received a set of Chinese made ball joints for my Impala. $50 on Ebay for all 4 so you would think they would be junk. Amazingly I was really surprised at the quality look and feel of these components.

I just bought and received a set of Chinese made ball joints for my Impala. $50 on Ebay for all 4 so you would think they would be junk. Amazingly I was really surprised at the quality look and feel of these components.

Parts don't have to look like crap to be inferior. A recent experience opened my eyes. The parts used in the thread below looked as good or better than the factory parts they replaced. I was dead wrong. :eek:

http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23551

I don't mean to whizz on your parade, just sharing my story and hoping something similar doesn't happen to you.

I bought these because of price and expected them to look crappy. My intentions are to replace them before I start driving. I did not want to spend the money on good ball joints to sit while I am finishing the rest of the car but I did need to be able to roll it. I might drive them for a short period of time then buy the expensive Moogs.

Latest posts

Back