Big Block Bantam

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok your Easter Sunday picture is a winner, I will stop complaining about the rain we had for a few days. Ever thought about building a racing Snowmobile for your spring racing season next year? Dixie said maybe skids under front tires on the roadster pickup. :eek::eek::eek:

Cage looks real nice. Have someone take a picture of you in the seat so we can see the fit. :cool:

More paint drying pics. Had the paint so I decided to use it. I put two coats of International tractor Red Rustoleum on the cage and frame (new areas that hadn't been painted) with a 1" foam brush. Laying on my back and painting overhead isn't much fun. Messy too.

Before I start reassembling I'll hang some header mufflers on it.

Good idea to get a pic with me in the car, Tom. To check the clearances. Strange but true, I've never ridden on a snowmobile. Only winter sport/activity I ever cared about was hockey. And I preferred summer league.

Wife and I were walking the dogs this afternoon when it started snowing. In a half hour we were covered with an inch of heavy, wet white stuff. Now, the sun is shining. Still unseasonably cold.

Attachments

• final paint 001.jpg
    final paint 001.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 40
  • final paint 002.jpg
    final paint 002.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 45
Ya Bob, everthing painted up looks great. [cl[cl

I'm pretty sure this "OLD" Left Coast Surfer Dude would have a problem with your spring weather. My body was built for mid 70"s & lots of
sun. :cool:

You have done a great job on the frame and cage. If it don't fit now, sell it to a small guy. :D:D:D

The more I work the less I seem to get done. I'm slowly reassembling it for the last time. The Holley fuel pump, line and wiring are done. So is the battery box and the aluminum sheet behind the seats. Fooled around with a number of little things that don't warrant being shown.
Now for hockey. I always loved the game. Unfortunately I'm not good at it. Never played organized hockey til I was 45. I grew up in a hockey hot bed and couldn't make a team anyway. But when I found out about Hockey North America, which had divisions for even the most inept players, I joined. That lasted five years. Then at age 60 I joined the local Adult Hockey Assn. Again, they had a division that met my inability. Finally, at age 65 time and infirmities caught up with me.

Tom, we're having a cold spring. It's not too bad because we are not able to do much because of the stay at home orders. The forecast is looking up and I might be able to get the Fiat out for some joy rides soon.

Attachments

• assy 001.jpg
    assy 001.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 33
I went to a fight and a hockey game broke out. [ddd

Never did get into that down here, not enough ice I guess.

Loving this little car more and more every time you do something to it Bob. Hope you get a few runs in it this summer, it looks like it's gonna be a handfull!

Thanks guys. Yes, it will be a handful. I hope it is not too much on the street. If it is, I'll put one of my 4.0 Jeep 6 cylinder engines in it.
Worked on the floor all day and I have nothing to show for it. Lots of trimming and tweaking. Hopefully, better progress tomorrow.
I don't have a hot rod business, but I do have a name for it. HOME SPUN HOTRODS. The way it has been going it should be renamed to:
TORTOISE HOT RODS
We're slow and we get it right the 3rd time

Thanks guys. Yes, it will be a handful. I hope it is not too much on the street. If it is, I'll put one of my 4.0 Jeep 6 cylinder engines in it.
Worked on the floor all day and I have nothing to show for it. Lots of trimming and tweaking. Hopefully, better progress tomorrow.
I don't have a hot rod business, but I do have a name for it. HOME SPUN HOTRODS. The way it has been going it should be renamed to:
TORTOISE HOT RODS
We're slow and we get it right the 3rd time

I'm with you bob. Home Spun 3r Time Get Done [cl

Latest posts

Back