Big Florida Weekend Oct 23-24, 2010

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HotRodMike

I'm not sure it gets any better than this. October 23, Big Daddy Don Garlits is again hosting his "Rats and Rods" show at the museum. Then, on Sunday the 24th, we have the second annual "Billetproof Drags, Florida" at Lakeland Dragway. Talk about hot rod overload! Here's the flyers for the both. Make sure to mark your calenders and check out these events.

Attachments

• BPD102Showpost.jpg
    BPD102Showpost.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 27
I can't wait Mike. Last year was one of the best times I've ever had at an event. I'm hustling to get my 27 done so you Chevy boys have a little Ford competition this time. :D:D I also have a mini bike I'm putting together to go after that Caped Avenger from last year. [ddev

Don

im hoping that is the weekend that i have both Saturday and Sunday off. Since i live in Orlando, it is easy for me to make it to both events.

I can't wait Mike. Last year was one of the best times I've ever had at an event. I'm hustling to get my 27 done so you Chevy boys have a little Ford competition this time. :D:D I also have a mini bike I'm putting together to go after that Caped Avenger from last year. [ddev

Don

Look forward to seeing you there again. It really was a blast. Very cool, laid-back fun all day. :cool:
I'm not sure what El Diablo Grande has up his sleeve this year. He and Brian are planning to break a record or something....:D See ya soon

i think that is the weekend before i take my rope technician classes. so that is going to be a fun and busy week for me.

and after checking my schedule, i see that i am luckily off BOTH saturday and sunday. I might just drive up to G-ville on Saturday after i get off shift (all depending on how busy we are and what station i am at)

rats and rods pre party

hey ya'll just wanted to give a heads up on the pre party for the rats and rods show ,it's gonna be friday noon till close at the no where bar in ocala,l 7 miles north of garlits place ,bar-b-que served at 6pm ,hosted by woody and altered iron, so come on out if ya need directions or more info call john 352-362-4124

I'm a little bummed, won't be making either the show on Saturday or the drags on Sunday. :( Dan works Sundays and Don plays on both days, and I don't feel like making the trip without one of them. Plus, I won't be getting my interior in until 11/1, so even my 27 isn't ready.

Hate to miss both days as these events are as good as they come.

Don

I'm a little bummed, won't be making either the show on Saturday or the drags on Sunday. :( Dan works Sundays and Don plays on both days, and I don't feel like making the trip without one of them. Plus, I won't be getting my interior in until 11/1, so even my 27 isn't ready.

Hate to miss both days as these events are as good as they come.

Don

Sorry to hear that. Shaping up to be a nice, hot weekend. Maybe we'll see you at Billetproof 2011. I just got the flyers today. Date change: April 9th for the 2011 show.

Wow, I'm totally surprised that I haven't seen any pictures or heard any feedback about how the show and drags were last weekend. I've looked on every forum I am on and no one has posted anything that I could find.

So to all that were there...........how was it????????? :):)
Don

Enjoy...Garlits Show...Florida...

[P Aloha my fellow RAT ROD friends!

http://www.signsbyliza.com/pics/monthly/garlis2010/album/index.html

I got a lot of pictures at the Garlist show...sorry for the delay in posting them...
There were about 300 cars at the show...very nice! Plan on coming next year!

Enjoy...Garlits Show...Florida...
Aloha-Terry

[S

Attachments

• 0006.jpg
    0006.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 0011.jpg
    0011.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 0019.jpg
    0019.jpg