Billetproof is 10 days away!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsrods

Got my registration that Paul (Ratty 46) wasn't able to use this year. Sorry that you can't make it Paul, hate to profit at another person's expense. Next year we will get to see you there for sure.

Ordered my new shorter rear shocks today from Speedway........my car has settled down a little in the rear and the shocks were almost bottomed out. I should have them here this week.

Gotta change my oil and tighten up all the fastners, plus check the fluids and air pressure in the tires. Aside from that Dan and I are ready to roll. Don can't make it because he plays every weekend. :( Our plans are to leave when Dan gets off work at 6 on Friday, should be in by 10 or so.

How about the rest of you? What are you doing to prepare and when are you heading out? Can't wait to see all of you guys who are going........I think this show might in some ways be better than Turkey Run.

Don

Sure wish I was a little closer, sound's like one hell of a run, I know someone will, but be sure to take pics of all the member's that attend, and all the neat car's and truck's, especially truck's, just kiddin, :D and post them.
It will let all the guy's and gal's that couldn't make it, me included, see what we missed. Anyway, hope everyone that goes has a great time.

Well my coupe is cleaned and ready to go. I'm charging the battery in the Anglia right now. I just need to fire that one up and blow the cob webs out of it. It could use a good bath too. I'm still waiting for the DMV to send my tag renewal sticker. After that, I'm ready to go. My BP registration cards came in the mail already. I think it's just a countdown at this point for me.

Sure wish I was a little closer, sound's like one hell of a run, I know someone will, but be sure to take pics of all the member's that attend, and all the neat car's and truck's, especially truck's, just kiddin, :D and post them.
It will let all the guy's and gal's that couldn't make it, me included, see what we missed. Anyway, hope everyone that goes has a great time.

Don't worry Mud, there will be plenty of pics:D.

Well, down to 6 days now !!! :D:D Getting more excited all the time. Word is that the turnout will be fantastic with some really good cars there.

Got my new shorter rear shocks on today and changed my oil. Gonna wait till Friday to detail the car because our shop is dusty and if I do it now it will be dirty by then.

Bill, you mentioned you are bringing both cars.......cool. I have never seen your gasser.

Don

Bill, you mentioned you are bringing both cars.......cool. I have never seen your gasser.

Don

It'll be there Don. I drove it today and did the pre-flight checks. It has a bum battery in it that'll be changed Monday and it will be good to go. I got the tag renewal sticker in the mail so I won't have any problems there. The coupe is ready to go too. We just have to gas em up on the way out of town and we are on the way.:D

There's a guy down here that has a cool Model A that will be there. It sits real low. Everybody was falling all over it at Daytona. You probably saw it Don. It ticks me off though that he's gonna trailer it up in an enclosed trailer, then hide the trailer and act like he drove it.:mad:

That is a shame. Dan and I are coming in only my T. Not sure how we are gonna squeeze us and an overnight duffle bag in there, but we will. I was going to strap it across my gas tank, but he thinks the wind will scratch the heck out of everything underway.

We REAL hot rodders drive!! :D:D:D:D

Don

My dad said today that he is going to drive up with us in his 48 Pontiac. I hope he does. He can't put it in the show because of the wheels but he just wants to see the show, museum, and drive his car.

I tried to talk to garlits about it today when i saw him, but he seemed a little grumpy!! I think a few of us jax guys are gonna caravan down, to bad i no longer have a hot rod. But it should be fun anyways!! maybe this time don will not be the mythical, ellusive forum buddy, that i never can manage to meet up with!! Just joking! cant wait to meet up!

Wooo Hooo!!! 2 days till we leave!! Got my car all cleaned up, and Dan talked me into pulling the baffles out of the headers for the trip. :eek: Little loud, but we have to make a grand entrance, ya know! :D Should get better gas milage too, sure feels peppier. :)

I think I'm more excited about this show than Daytona. What hotels are you guys staying at? We are at the Microtel, across the street from Garlits place.

Don

I hope to see you all there!!! My truck is to new I think to enter but thats okay!! Don, I missed seeing your T at Daytona same with you Gastrick so I hope to see you Sat. If you are going to be in the area Friday night,Come on over to Ocala Speedway(fast dirt track)I'm the flagman there.
Wildchild

We're not leaving Ft Myers till about 6:30 Friday night because Dan works till 6. Taking it easy it should put us in about 10 to 10:30, so we will be getting there too late for the track. But you could come over to the No Where Bar where all the people are supposed to be partying, or we can get to meet you Saturday at the show.

Don

TBARA Wildchild. I'm not sure if I'll be able to go to the races or not but since you are the flagman, you'll be easy to spot for sure. You know what my heaps look like so look me up on Sat. The show should be small enough that we can all find each other.

Don, I'm staying at the host hotel, the Sleep Inn, right next to the museum so the hotels should be close. I'm pretty exicted too. See ya there.

Gastrick, If you can make it to the Track, We have a Big Modified race, $1500.00 to win, And they say that Buzzy Reutimann will be there!!(His son David might be there?)

Wildchild

Okay fellas, I just got home from work and threw some clothes in the washer. The cars are ready to go. I just have to pack, head out the door, and top off the fuel tank tomorrow on the way north to Ocala. I'll see you guys in about 5 hours after that if all goes well.:D

Latest posts

Back