Binder Rat Truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitchs66

Hello Everyone! This is my first Rat Rod build[;) I like the Rat Trucks and I have a pretty good ideal what I want, just need to figure out how to hold it all together[S My major goals are to build a nice respectable, safe, Rat Rod, but I've limited myself to $1500.00. I think this is possible, myself, family, and several friends collect what some people think is junk. I saved a 1984 351W and truck 4 speed out of a truck my dad was crushing. I had a few things my Grandpa wanted and traded him for a 50's International cab, so it is final I have started my build.... here are some pictures of the cab, just need to get it moved home and start striping it down.
RatRodIHcab008.jpg

RatRodIHcab003.jpg

RatRodIHcab002.jpg

RatRodIHcab005.jpg

It's ruff but it will work and this cab is cool to me because this was our citys oil truck....

looks like a good start.. 1500 might be tough.. but good luck..

Its cool that you know the history of your truck.. I know a little about mine, like what town it came from some day it may have to make a pilgrimage home

I'm sure it's going to be tough, but with any luck I'm hoping to look around, dig stuff up or trade stuff I don't want anymore. Plus it's a challenge and I think this is good way to test my personal abillity to build things instead of buying them and to use old things instead of new. I'm also not worried about shine and paint on this truck, and that will help keep the cost down.

Sounds like you got a good start. Have fun trying to stay under that budget. I would probably due a lot better if I would stay off of eBay, Craigslist and forums. Everytime I turn around I find a new peice that I HAVE to have to go on mine.....

God looking metal there. I've got 2,700$ in mine so far and 1/2 that was for air-ride. You might be able to pull it off for 1,500$, but it's probably gonna look kinda ratty. :D

A budget is just a meaningless number you tell yourself it's gonna cost. ;)

KOOL!

Another Binder.:D Were gettin a few of us odd balls on here now. Looks like a great solid cab. Good luck. RR[cl

because international made corn binders, that is why binder. chevy had a vert. grille bars so they call them jail bars, as for the fords, ford always circled what was wrong with them. just kidding, i'm not sure if the ford and dodge have nick names or not any that i heard.

:D

So exactly what is a binder?

International originally made farm equipment, therefore the term binder was to imply a piece of farm machinery for harvesting grain. Proper name being Combine as it took the mower and put it in front of a thrasher, combining two machines into one.

That ends your history lesson for today. Class dismissed....:D:D:D

Let me know if you need help bringing it to town we could take the tractor and loader out and sit on the trailer unload it at your shop with forklift.

Hey thanks Dave, I may take you up on that. I also thought about just taking it apart out at the farm and just bringing the cab home???

Latest posts

Back