Binders, whose got 'em

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowbilly3

A *real* tin magnet
I have been looking for a mid 50s International for a project. I ran across a couple early 50s ones I can get for cheap. and also a 56 3/4 ton 4x4 I don't have pictures of yet. The 56 is a pretty nice rig and I think a driver, I'll see, keep you posted.
binder1.jpg

binder2.jpg

I have a '56 S-120 that is a back burner project. The '56 is a really cool looking truck with a 1-year doghouse. I like 'em.

I am looking for a spare set of '56 headlight bezels, so if you run across any up there in great north I would be highly appreciative! :D

I have a '56 S-120 that is a back burner project. The '56 is a really cool looking truck with a 1-year doghouse. I like 'em.

I am looking for a spare set of '56 headlight bezels, so if you run across any up there in great north I would be highly appreciative! :D

What is the doghouse?/ I always thought it was the thing that covered the engine in a van or COE.

34-36 binder

This will be a project of mine starting next summer by the looks of things. I still need to finish up Ol' Harry my 64c10.

Attachments

• sunkentreasure.jpg
    sunkentreasure.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 58
  • truckside.jpg
    truckside.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 59
Haha nope. Not sure about SD, but the fenders, hood, core support, etc. are the doghouse around here. Also referred to as a front clip...

Yeah, front clip here, never heard it called doghouse. So what's unique about a 56, don't they look the same as 57s? I'm just learning all this so there is confusion. I see pictures of 57s that look just like 56s and I see pictures of 57s that have the newer 58 style cab. Same with the R series, I have seen some 53s that have the 54 grill. I have heard that they titled them as the year they were sold.

Ok, the answer to what the difference in the 56 and 57 is complicated. Ihc titled their trucks by the year they were sold, not by the year they were made. Hence some 57s are really 56s. 56 is a one off design, s series. 57 is an a series for "aniversary" because it marked 50 years of IHC making trucks. 58 and up to 60 are b series. same as a with different headlights. 50-52 are l series, 53-55 are r series. the cab is the same from 50-56 except the 55 and 56 have one back window. the front clip is the same for 50-52, same for 53-55, before that they were d series in the 30s, and kb in the 40s. hopefully this helps

Very informative, thanks rev. I am also looking at what is apparently a 56 4x4. It looks like it should be a 120 model but has S-100 emblems so I'm not sure if it got a different cab or what. I also noticed it has push button outer door handles instead of the pull down ones on the L and R models.
Do you know what year or model they went to 12 volt?

ok, on your s-100 vs s-120. 100 is a short bed 1/2 ton. 110 is a long bed half ton, 120, is a 3/4 ton and on up from there through 190. so one of your emblems is wrong, but you now should know which one.

Wow! That thing's COOL!!!!!:cool: Love those big taillights, makes it look like a rocketship from the back!:D Are they Ford Galaxie?

Regards,
Shea:)

Thanks Shea. Yes they are from 63 Galaxie wagon. It's not finished, I keep changing things. Right now I'm gonna redo bed, but want to keep the tail lights.

Here's my 48 or 49 L130 cab that has been at my mother in laws place since 1980. She gave it to me, and I will be picking it up in January. I plan on putting a detroit power unit in it.
1106001309b.jpg

Latest posts

Back