Blasting?? Whats best these days...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WUWU20

Got my 46 cab and it needs major cleaned...I know of dipping, Soda and sand blasting but is there anything new out there that works good? about the only thing I can do around here that I know of is sand blasting with black beauty but I don't really care for doing it that way because of warping

I've had two truck cabs w/ doors blasted with Garnet and really liked the results. When done correctly it leaves a slightly abrasive finish. Since the shop I use charges for time and materials, I stripped all parts off of the cabs and doors then pressure washed them first making it easier to blast and cheaper for me. No warping problems at all. Good luck with your '46.

has anyone tried this

the company i work for has recently purchased an ice blaster, we used to use a soda blaster but it makes such a mess that when we saw a demo of ice blasting we were sold, it uses dry ice pellets as the media leaves virtually no mess, no water, soda, etc. Its does a great job. I would like to know if anyone is using this method for automotive work.

I've been checking with a neighbor that recommended doing all the metal work first and then have a good powder coat shop carefully blast the body and powder coat it then do the body filler work. He has had many cars blasted and he said always start with a shop that has a good reputation and then ask the shop to make sure the new kid doesn't do the blasting. I've been skeptical about blasting myself but my neighbor is suppose to pick up his fenders tomorrow. He said no probs with any body filler not bonding either. I guess I'll get to see them in the next day or so.

Latest posts

Back