Bleeding a new system

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bamamav

What's the best way to bleed a new brake system? Fill the master and open the farthest bleed valve and let it gravity bleed or the way you'd bleed a normal system, pump, bleed, pump, bleed, etc until it's full? I've got plety of time, so I was thinking the gravity bleeding would be the easiest, just have to do each wheel separately.

Not quite ready to start, but my front wheel cylinders should be here by Friday....

If the master cylinder is higher than all the wheel cylinders, gravity bleed works pretty well.
Closest one first tho

Gravity does work well if your not in a hurry. I just did mine, what I do is put a piece of vac. tube on the nipple and into a bottle of fluid and pump away, that way you don't get air in the system when you let the pedal come back up, you can do it without help. If it's all new fluid as the master gets low fill it from the bottle at the wheel.
IMO, Works good for me [S
good luck.

On my Sons rpu we installed those speed bleeders that you simply open a little and then put a hose onto the nipple and into a bottle. You keep pumping the pedal as you crack each one open one at a time. No need to keep opening and closing the bleeder, there is a check valve inside that only lets fluid out and no air back inside.

Made the job much easier and also it could be a one person operation. You just have to keep watching the fluid level in the master cylinder and refilling it till you are done.

Don

Here they are here:

http://russellperformance.com/mc/speed/domestic.shtml

An easy way to bench bleed a master cylinder is to get a large (60 cc or so) syringe with needle, from a farm supply, fill the master cylinder reservoirs with brake fluid, suck fluid into the syringe, insert the needle into the small hole, in the bottom of the reservoir and inject the fluid until the bubbles quit appearing out of the small hole. Repeat the process for the other half of the master cylinder.
I keep two or three syringes, of different sizes, for similar jobs.

knd8881160157_1.jpg

Easy!!!!

I bought a vacuum bleeder from Harbor Freight for about 20 bucks on sale. I think it is normally 30 bucks. Hook your air compressor to the bottle and the small line to the bleeder and pull the trigger. One man operation! Works really fast too. I flushed the hydraulic fluid out and replaced it with DOT5 in about 15 minutes.

Lynn

An easy way to bench bleed a master cylinder is to get a large (60 cc or so) syringe with needle, from a farm supply, fill the master cylinder reservoirs with brake fluid, suck fluid into the syringe, insert the needle into the small hole, in the bottom of the reservoir and inject the fluid until the bubbles quit appearing out of the small hole. Repeat the process for the other half of the master cylinder.
I keep two or three syringes, of different sizes, for similar jobs.

knd8881160157_1.jpg

The master (at one time ) came with a bleeder kit ,, but I guess like all things they get cheaper and cheaper .

The last half dozen master cylinders I purchased, didn't have the bleeder tubes with them so, I started doing it this way.

Latest posts

Back