Blind Mechanic?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very inspirational, E-man.
In 1957 I had a '49 Pontiac that needed a clutch. Rather than fix it I put it up for sale. A middle age man and his 30-something son came to look at it. The son began "feeling" the car. The dad said he was blind but was a good mechanic. They bought it for the 50 bucks I was asking & the dad said his son could put a clutch in it by himself.

skin sight? divining for keys

I have read of a phenomenon called skin sight where the brain can pickup information and still build 3-d mental models of what's there using only touch, and sensations. Who knows maybe even a little bat radar.
When I was a kid I swore up and down I could see in the dark even with my eyes closed. Not fine details but well enough to move around the room , see the shape of the room and what's in it and find all the furniture without bumping into it. like a very dim black and white hologram.
Why can't I do it now?
facilities we are born with but do not use wither and die. A child with normal eyes who is never exposed to light will become totally blind in time as the unused sight cells fail to develop and die off, And as the mental ability to use those cells is replaced with other abilities as the brain develops.

I have an experiment that works.
rub your palms together to sensitize them. bring them closer to each other and you can feel the energy build as your hands come together.
Take your thumb and 2 fingers of one hand and draw invisible circles on the palm of the other hand...you can feel something as if you were touching your other palm.

Give your Ol lady a nice massage skin on skin. after a good rubdown and getting her all ticklish you can make her jump without even actually touching her.

If you ever drop your keys in the grass on a cold dark night and they are warm from being in your pocket you can "see" them using your palms.
Rub them together lightly a few times to sensitize them and holding your palms down pass them over the area where you dropped your keys.
You will notice a different feeling when your hand passes over the warm keys in the grass, than just passing your hand over the grass...
if you reach down... they will be right there... every time.
Your hands are trained to sense heat.
The nerves in the palm of your hand are "Seeing" the infrared coming off the keys.

the third eye

that man has the instincts he was born with, we all have those gifts at birth, however religion and society kills that in some of us but fortunatly not all of us ........dont get me going .enough

Interesting stuff T-man. Ever try dowsing?

Yup that's a mind blower right there the dowsing.
My brother tim worked for an electrician and could find buried cables wth the witching rods faster and more accurately than larry could with the electrical survey equipment... the stuff locators use.

Wow. I can't even begin to imagine trying to work on a car without being able to see it. Amazing vid [cl

I've had to do things blind but I still have to fire up the flashlight and take a peek to see what the hell is going on. I changed a starter couple weeks ago in my nephews Taurus by feel.. at least until I got it out then the porch light lit it up, I hooked up the wires by sight. I also took out a few bolts that didn't need to come out. Before I got started, I was only joking about ending up with a pile of extra bolts but it happened just like that lol

Kudos to the guy for his ability to work totally blind. [cl I don't know about any of you, but I've had to work blind on cars/trucks many many times. Difficult sometimes but not impossible...

Latest posts

Back