Blower Adapters

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charley Davidson

I have a friend who whenever he needs something he thinks everybody else needs it too and then wants me to produce them so we can make millions (Really so he can get a freebee) His latest hair brain idea is to make a universal blower adapter plate and wedges that level the blower on the intake for any/all engines.

I'm sure if there is a need for this product there would be a manufacturer. Is there? Is this a common problem fitting a blower to an intake? Anybody here need one?

That would be BDS (Blower Drive Service) - they have been fitting blowers to just about any engine for probably 30 years...
Mounting the blower is only part of the battle - the drive system is a major piece of the puzzle too, needing to clear water pumps, accessories, etc.
Hard to imagine a universal adaptor considering the wide assortment of blowers available X the far greater variety of engines and manifolds to mount to - added to that is the fact that there haven't been carbs mounted on top of a V8 since the mid 80's.
That's part of the reason that centrifugal blowers like Paxton, Vortek, etc., are more popular on newer engines.

Latest posts

Back