Blue-dot installation service

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4dr orphan

I have a good friend who's career has been doing hand crafted leaded glass windows. He wants to know if there is a need for the installation of Blue Dots into OEM glass tailights. This came about when I approached him to install a new set of (glass) Blue Dots in our 48 DeSoto lenses which are also glass. He told me that he would need to purchase a diamond dust drill bit which was going to be extremely costly.

I can't believe we are the only ones out there who have wanted this done, but no one is doing it. It goes without saying, drilling a hole in glass is a challenging process at best that (more often than not) results in failure, if done by a novice.

Any interest out there?

Last edited:
I think the issue that he might run into is low demand. Many of the "popular" lenses are reproduced with the blue dots already installed. Even though some of them may be plastic, I think most people just go that route.

not to knock your friends or his sevice, but i was working on a strange project, i needed to drill a 1 1/2" hole in glass, i checked ebay and got the diamond bit i needed for less than 10 bucks shipped new, followed the directions and it worked like a charm.

Latest posts

Back