Boat carbs

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowbilly3

A *real* tin magnet
Anyone ever use outboard carbs on a car engine? I have been seeing these 3 dueces from outboards go real cheap and I can just see a set of them hung on the side of a 6 banger. Pictures? Info?

I have 3 holley double pumpers from a boat engine, alot of them work like a car carb, but they do not have all the linkage and stuff ,that will work on a car, just like Unkl Ian suggested, look over them real good and make sure all the neccessities are there, and they should work fine.

boat carbs

I dont see why you couldnt get them or other types to work. There is no difference in 2 stroke and 4 stroke carbs, they still atomize and regulate fuel distribution. I run a harley style carb on one of my small pulling tractors, and have ran mikuni, keihin, bing, zenith and a host of other styles with no problem. i guess what I am getting at is that my small engines are just a big single cylinder car engine, a flathead. Alot of those boat carbs have a built in fuel pump which by most standards is not up to the task of performing well under load. Try finding fuel bowl style units, these would be easier to tune and they dont have a bunch of ports for oil injection, vaccum and the like. I would like to try a five pack of 42mm Mikuni's on my 267 with 90 degree elbows, Mikunis and even small carter carbs can take 3-6psi before float damage occurs, making them easy to use with an electric or mech. pump setup with regulator.

Latest posts

Back