Bomber Style Door Panels *pics*

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those door panels are super nice. Are you going to mount them directly to the door, or put some sort of rubber weatherstripping under them first? Reason I asked, my '68 Mustang had an all aluminum interior, and it was like riding inside a tin can........lots of vibrations and rattles. I finally put rubber stripping everywhere the aluminum met steel, and it quieted it down 100 percent.

We have a motorized bead roller that we used to do Dans bed, and that I will use when I build one for my '39 Dodge. It took some trial and error before we got where we could do a straight line with it. Nice thing about the electric vs manual ones is that one guy can do it himself, and not need another guy to turn the crank.

Don

Don, I was going to mount the panels directly to the door. But since you mentioned it, I'll insulate them with some thin rubber. Thanks for the tip.

I was talking with my dad today about getting a better bead roller. A motorized one would be nice. Right now he turns the crank while I guide the work. Sometimes it's hard to stay on the same page when going around corners and such.

Rivets

Gas, thanks for the reply, now if you can tell me where a good place to start looking for the rivets and would harbor freight carry a tool like that for the air chizel?? thanks again for all your help....that interior has got me all fired up..
dam you man.........lol

Gas, thanks for the reply, now if you can tell me where a good place to start looking for the rivets and would harbor freight carry a tool like that for the air chizel?? thanks again for all your help....that interior has got me all fired up..
dam you man.........lol

As for the rivets, you'll find them here: http://www.mcmaster.com/ . Search "solid rivets" in the column on the left. Aircraft suppliers also have the rivets but they are spec items and they are fairly expensive. Not really needed for projects such as hot rod interiors.

Most likely. you will have to either have to buy the tools from an aircraft tool supplier (expensive) or find them used as I did through places such as ebay.

I know, I am always looking for the cheap way out. In alot of projects I do I use sickle rivets, from farm type stores. Mowing machines, combines, and swathers. They are steel rivets, super cheap, they may or may not work in this application.

Latest posts

Back