Bonehead is back to work

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Motor in, body back on.
P3180073.jpg

Clearance around the tranny, and I was a little tight on the firewall on the drivers side. I forgot about the forward tilt of the cab, and the head was just kissing the firewall. A litte body work and it is as good as new.
P3180078.jpg

P3180079.jpg

numbers on cad motor

on the back of motor by the oil plug on the blockthe number 5200 should be cast there that's a 500 c.i caddy should be dark blue in color on motor ihave 7 or 8 of them buy them when i can find them fine motors got acouple of the 472's and 1 425 hope that helps robertbandit s. w. okla you do nice work.

Now we get down to making it look like I need to make it look. I like the hard top convertable, and I have been thinking of making the bed come on and off. So that got me thinking about a hood, and hood-less.

What do you guys think of this look?
P3190088.jpg

P3190089.jpg

P3190091.jpg

P3190092.jpg

on the back of motor by the oil plug on the blockthe number 5200 should be cast there that's a 500 c.i caddy should be dark blue in color on motor ihave 7 or 8 of them buy them when i can find them fine motors got acouple of the 472's and 1 425 hope that helps robertbandit s. w. okla you do nice work.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll look tomarrow.

Thanks, Gas. I have been looking at his hood on version all day, and it looks great. It is sitting on the top of the engine, with no carb, so it will need a scoop. The radiator is going to be tight too, but doable. I would really like to be able to run either grill. Top of the hood is really low.

Here is one of the things I got done today. Nerf bars to weld the roll bar to.
P3190098.jpg

The hood fits that real nice, would look cool with the carb sticking out of the top with that MR Gasket scoop you picked up. Only it kills the first grill set up you had planed.

Latest posts

Back