Bonehead is back to work

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I vote for radiator in bed with no grill shell when running the hood and a hollow grill shell filled with Bonehead art when not using the hood. :D

I am with Gas on this one although the front of the hood is too straight up and down. I like the tilt of the grille shell when it is there. Maybe slope the front of the hood a little? just thoughts. Coming out killer over all !

I think the frame and hood work together much better than that grill. Unless you plan to make a full custom grill that matches the curves of the frame, try make the radiator work with only the hood - like in back. I was joking about putting the radiator in back before, but after seeing it with the hood, you gotta stay away from anything out front.

It's like a old rail dragster, a salt flats car, and a old truck all slammed together. No wait...it's like a peanut butter and awesome sandwich. :cool:[S

Been super busy. But the engine is being re-built, and so is the tranny. I started laying out the bed. But there is not enough to take a picture of yet. Looks like I may build an intake manifold. Still working on the logistics. The build has not stopped, just seems a little slow right now.

Thanks, the engine is now 30 over, and line bored, new innards, and the tranny is built to hold the kick of the big block. I have not gotten back to my shop yet, but it is close. Looks like I will be building an intake. I just got flanges from Hells Gate.

P1010222.jpg

P1010220.jpg

P1010219.jpg

We are getting closer to a build here. We have been sending pictures, back and forth.
And we have changed cabs a couple of times. So now that we have a cab picked, we have to figure out what we like.
6fords.jpg

I've decided I'm going to dream about # 5 on Wednesday night next week - All great trucks but the others will simply have to wait their turn - Ha! ~:0) VivaChas!

It looks like someone scratched the paint :eek: on yours Bonehead, you may need to buff that out [S......... :D you get that buffed out, I bet u could win a show or two with that thing..:D..LOL :D...LOL

I just forgot all about this build!

I was following this thing and just caught up and it looks sick! do what you like but I love how it looks in that last pic with no grill. I`m sure youll build it right. but man it looks hot. I like the hard top idea. I saw a 50s with a stainless top in some mag I forgot which. too bad I hate convertables but like yours I`m torn and going to see a man on a mountain top for guidance.

Took it and the Bonehead Truck to a local show. Great feedback, and the truck draws a crowd, even without being finished. Spoke to my motor guy today. I should get the engine back at the end of next week.

Awesome ride BH, I like the topless pic..... and the 6 shooters. Wish my old eyes were good enough so I could weld like that again..... [dr Look'n forward to more pics and comments.......[P

Latest posts

Back