Bonehead is back to work

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Used the Lucky 7 bracket and booster, and reversed it to mount behind the cab.
P9200167.jpg

The pedal is a straight shot making the linkage a breeze
P9200168.jpg

That is very creative there...I would of never of thought of doing a reverse mounting of the master cylinder...save a lot of space from the under floor mount style.....Did you just use a straight bar linkage set up from the brake pedal to the master?

Yep it is just straight, I will limit the pedal with a stop once I get the lines put in. I tore the booster off my under the floor mount on the Bonehead truck, and went for more clearance here. The biggest problem will be the vaccume line, but I think it will be fine.

Just run a hard line most of the way and add a canister back near the booster. Then you won't have a "lag" in vacuum at the booster.

I really like the relocated booster idea, makes for a lot easier making the floor and what not I'm sure.

What about using a vac pump and canister and no lines from the engine?

That is what I was thinking, but I have another trick up my sleeve.

one of your frame tubes as line/ storage?

i dont have a canister on my set up and they work fine. i just hard lined it all the way back and a piece of hose 3" long or so for th connection.

Sorry for the delay. I got busy working on several other projects, and the Hotrod has been out of the shop. But it is back in the shop now, and I look for a week or two of solid work on it now.
I know it looks like I am going backwards, but the mock up stuff is coming off and new grade 8 hardware is going back in.
PA290002.jpg

PA290003.jpg

Added in two leaves, the big block, as light as it is, is still too heavy for the spring pack I had. I'll try two leaves, and if it is not right I'll take back apart.
PA290004.jpg

Notice the rust finish I have on the axle now. Just what I was looking for.

I built these two items today. Now I just gotta figure out where they go. What you can't see in the pictures, is they are not flat. very curved. 3/16ths plate
PA290005.jpg

PA290006.jpg

Thats looking really good, 3/16 is not easy to bend, that is for certain...

Is that a spine/gusset for the main bars that run to the spring mount?

I would be more worried about the flex right at the spring mount. It will work just like a pivot with all the leverage of the axle working against the small spring pad. Just my $.02. [P

I would be more worried about the flex right at the spring mount. It will work just like a pivot with all the leverage of the axle working against the small spring pad. Just my $.02. [P

I have been thinking about that spot, and I have an overkill for that too. I think it would hold on it's own, but I may put a little more into it. I don't think it can act as a pivot with the hairpins attached, but the vibration could crack out the tube right above the weld. So I'll add in a little something on the back side.

Latest posts

Back