Bonehead is back to work

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Headlight brackets
PB050006.jpg

I have kind of a stupid question: Did you have this all laid out before you started or did some or most of it come as you went? As someone who has zero creativity, I'm curious to know how the brain of a master craftsman like yourself works.

I start with a very basic idea. I have a couple of hundred sub ideas, as I go into it. But alot of it evolves as the project start to take shape. From the start, I knew it was going to have a tubular double frame, and I knew what the front and rear axle would be, and suspension set ups.
There are no drawings of the frame, or bed, or intake, all that stuff comes straight out of my head as I am building it. I remain flexable, and I still stand back and look at it often, for the overall look, and individual pieces. And I make changes; the rear panhard got thrown out, and a new one got built. Rear fenders got built, but I probably won't use them on this project.

Interesting how you are mounting the suspension on the outside of the box.
Can't wait to see another more finished outside view!

401ton

Very nice work as always BH. Mav I have talked with BH and you can see the gears in his head working overtime, a true artist. Just don’t stand to close or the creativity it will rub off on you.

Been going like crazy on this build, but I am down to the little stuff, and it takes so much time. Anyway, made two of these shock brackets today, and worked on the bed. The tail light brackets are done. And I am still looking at the steering box every few minutes.
PB120060.jpg

Man bonehead, you really inspire me to stop all my other projects and get out into the garage again. Amazing talent, those skulls are over the top. [cl[cl[cl

Well, I'm checkin' it out...

Hey, Jeff! Guess I've been away too long. You told me to check out the thread. Man! It took me about 3 hrs to catch up to you at this point. Phew!
It's nothing less than I'd expect from ya'. I think I need to get out to your place soon and check it out...give ya' a hand if you need it.
AWESOME!! You never cease to amaze me, but then again, I've seen lots of the other stuff you've done and continue to do...Keep it up!

I have a friend who owns a shop. He is going to put it together. Years of building motors, means no mistakes. I have too much invested in this one to slip up.

And on a personal sidenote based on our most recent conversation, Jeff, that's a perfect quote!:D Remember when I told you I was having fits with my flathead and one problem after another?:mad: Yup, it was built by a pro here in the valley who's done tons of flatties... Paid big bucks to have him put it together since I didn't want to make any mistakes...and it's holdin' up my whole project...dammit!:rolleyes: Oh well, learning a ton about flatheads.:D P.S. I know it's not the same guy who built your stuff, btw...

A little more today.... but it is good.
Tailgate done, and in, bedsides done and in, tail light brackets done, and in, (worked on the headers too.
first the tailgate:
PB140068.jpg

Latest posts

Back