Bonehead is back to work

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PB140039a.jpg

Hot rods don't get any better than this! AMAZING!!

AAWWW, now yer just showin' off.... :eek:
Seriously man, that is just incredible work on the tailgate dude [cl[cl
Oh, and that goes for the rest of this amazing build too..

Thanks guys, I hit one of those days yesterday, where everything went my way, and I was pretty happy with the end result. Building a skeleton cowboy dude, is kind of like a miniture hotrod build on it's own. The tailgate is done now, and I am on to the next part of the buiild. I gotta finish those headers.

Great stuff!

The really difficult (at least for me) part is to keep that level of detail going this close to the end. You could have just made some simple shock and taillight brackets to get it done and it really wouldn't have taken anything away from the car as a whole. But, it wouldn't have added anything either. I'm in awe of your energy and stamina.

I was thinking about that very thing just yesterday. I would love to just be done with this project, because I have a couple more I am working on at the same time, in the shop. But I know the reason people bring me a project like this. Those details will put this truck over the top. I have to build a battery tray, and I plan on doing another detailed build on that. One the other hand, if I built some plain bracket, it would stand out like a sore thumb. I have gone so far with other details, I can't turn back. This one gets set aside, for a week or two, and I'll work on another for a short time. That lets me recharge, and think about how I want to do, and how I want to do it. The other vehicle is a 76 Ford Bronco, and I am doing the same thing with it. I have been thinking about it while working on this one. All the time, building art and furniture projects on the side.

Hey I have the same taillights on mine!!! We must be like brothers or something!!

So how long does it take you to make one of your sculptures like your cowboy on the back?? And how many times do you screw it up and redo it before you show us?? LOL

Seriously though man your work is down right amazing!!!

Just read your thread dude your the man .....really nice work .
took me nearly all night but well worth it so inspirational .....

Knock it off Bonehead! You're making the rest of us look bad. I opened up this thread to the tailgate pic and thought "Oh c'mon! I should just give it up and go play with Lego blocks or something."

Knock it off Bonehead! You're making the rest of us look bad. I opened up this thread to the tailgate pic and thought "Oh c'mon! I should just give it up and go play with Lego blocks or something."

How do you think I feel :eek:

You guys should not take it so hard, legos are fun too. :D
No really, I don't know where I get this stuff, but it is a gift, and I know it. I just have to use it for good, and not evil. :D

I figured you guys would be all over me on how it is done. This time I took some time line pictures.
But I am sure it is hard to follow.
Kind of like those how to draw horses books, a bunch of circles, some how turns into a horse.

It started like this:
PB140003.jpg

then
PB140005.jpg

then
PB140017.jpg

then this
PB140024.jpg

We`re just picking on you(mostly). You weld as an art form, and just like any other art, some people just can. Meanwhile, the rest of us sit at our computers in awe.

So keep up the good work [;)

My mother bought me a John Nagy learn to draw

kit for Christmas one year.......didn't help...did the matchbook cover thing too.....didn't work....I bow to the master.....Bonehead....

Dam! just when I thought I was doing good:eek: then I went through this thread:rolleyes: Amaze'n work, you sir have wonderful vision and the talent and skill that most of us can't even dream about[cl

Latest posts

Back