Bonehead is back to work

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You need to put this one and the Bonehead truck next to each other with a light tree in the middle. They both got the look.

I guess my only question would be...

PB250008.jpg

PB250009.jpg

PB250010.jpg

PB250012.jpg

WHATS NOT TO LIKE??? the thing is just bada$$!!

does the frame line and bed top angle screw with your O.C.D. or am I just the weird one? Truck looks awesome out in the light! [P

It is kind of different to see all the lines, and angles. The bed is wider at the back than the front. So there is another angle. When you walk around it, it seems to work. So no complaints from me.

No complaints from me either! And now that I looked at the pic that Sam put up I see the rear frame line matches the front frame line. The bed and cab match on anoter plane all coming together to a point in the front. Guess I just had to back up and take another look!:eek: Don't mind me, Carry on!

Yes, carry on and post more pics.

I just noticed that you have the spark plugs and wires in place before finishing the headers. I did the headers first - maybe that's why I had to make a special spark plug wrench for the number 5 cylinder.

It is tighter than you think when you start building headers. My biggest worry is the header bolts, may have to all go in at the same time. That should be fun.

that is one of the worst things about headers....... if not done carefully they can be a pain to work with. My buddies fox body you have to remove the headers to change plugs :eek: another friend with a ford pick up has to pull the header to remove the starter!!

Just a noob here, but I'm glad I found this thread! YOU are a true artist man, I dig how well the top fits, the welded artistic touches, just dope, man. Completely dope lil truck!

Rusty box?

Like the stance Bonehead but would love to see a rusty box and tailgate on the back outside the frame rails. Any progress lately? Is the customer going to paint or rust the cab?

WOW

Bonehead, I cant believe your work!!! damn amazing, makes me want to ball mine up and take it to the scrap yard!!! Thanks Man for your motivation!![cl

It has been busy around here lately.... or so it seems. I have a big handrail job coming up soon, so I jumped back in on the truck while I have some time. I have been walking by the ugly oil cap for quite some time, so today I fixed it.
before....
d639fd01-776c-4df6-baa7-e9f8135d1d4d_zps9dc3464c.jpg

after
P2180007_zpsce9826bb.jpg

I still have to hammer out some fired primers and drop them into the shells. But you get the idea.

I also got the grill and radiator mounted in it's final position. Rock Solid, and tight. Radiator painted black, and the v8 mount clearcoated.
P2180002_zps879199e0.jpg

Latest posts

Back