Bonehead is back to work

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well, once again, I tip my hat to your skills,

that is indeed becoming a rolling piece of art, i'm convinced many people will not "see" all of the little subtle touches, or appreciate how many hours you have invested

[cl[cl

[P[P

Again - WOW! The door panels are very cool. The wanted posters are cool. - Is that second poster a $5,000 Reward for Jeff Bates? The saddles are...uh... yeah.... keep working on that idea. :) The drivers door handle is kinda plain if your gonna go with that idea - there are ornate handles that might actually work well.

You need a light tree in between the two cars. :D

Thanks everybody! Sam, the square shaft sticking out of the door, fit the only door knob I had in my junk. It is not what I am going to use, but that was better than a square shaft. The Saddles will be the back rests of the seats, as I plan on turning them sideways, with the horns to the inside, and the curve of the seat should fit your back, kind of. Still working through it.
The tooled leather on the door panels is one of my favorite parts. The picture on the wanted poster does look a lot like me.... imagine that.

I figured as much about the door handle. Is the door panel leather from one of the saddles? Those really add some class.

I've been wondering how this build has been going the last few days. Nice work. I like all those details. I actually like the saddle idea, but it might be a little stiff, but other than that it's looking really sweet.

Looks Killer......

For an "in process" deal...I'm into the look and the touchs you've got in there....the door knob....different, but looks a bit out of place....could you lose the backing plate and just keep the knob...?? Idea...not....maybe....one of those crystal looking knobs......?? [S

Found a Factory Posi 9 inch. Thought I was going to switch out the center sections, but found a crack in the pinion support bearing housing. Much more work, setting up the ring gear, and pinion. Then, I found I needed longer studs on one side, 5 of them. Went to the auto parts store, and got all they had, 4. But the axle is getting ready to go back in.

So I am trying to find the right wheel studs, and the girl behind the counter at NAPA is very helpful. In the conversation, I say I am working with old style mag wheels with the smooth shoulder, and a washer. I say, "remember those?", she says "no". Then I realize she is only about 28 years old, and I move on.

the girl behind the counter at NAPA is very helpful. In the conversation, I say I am working with old style mag wheels with the smooth shoulder, and a washer. I say, "remember those?", she says "no". Then I realize she is only about 28 years old, and I move on.

Surprised she didn't say "Oh yea! Like the ones on my racing Civic..."

Attachments

• Dub-Shokka.jpg
    Dub-Shokka.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 25

Latest posts

Back