bought a camaro!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schine

i couldt start a ground up build, i ain't got the experience nor the money to do that, so i assumed the idea of getting an old car, but according to my experience lever, wich is none, and to my particular situation.

its a 76 camaro LT, he's got 15' inch triumph wheels and 235/60 tires in the back and 215/60 tires in the front, used to be original green, today his color its like burnt mahogany or something...

he had been parked for 6 years and they just got it running for me, i use it as my everyday ride....and i love it.... :D

Congrats on the new car, got any pictures. Don't worry about not having any experience, this is a great way to start getting some. Just consider it OJT (on the job training). Keep us posted on your progress! :D

Beercan

there are some!

Attachments

• DSC02590.jpg
    DSC02590.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 117
  • DSC02591.jpg
    DSC02591.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 90
  • DSC02592.jpg
    DSC02592.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 106
Yes great car, still like those, had a 78 Firebird many many years ago. This you can drive and work on as time and money allow,thats perfect to start out with.

Good looking car. That's a great way to learn by keping an older car running and fixing it up as you go.

Yep, second what DMW said...Some of my fondest car memories were with a '72 Malibu ragtop I owned back in High School...wish I still had that one...:(

Nice "forgotten" body style of the gen 2 F-body, I've always dug the chrome bumper ones (yeah, I know they're aluminum;)). Those wheels are freakin' SWEET, too![dr

I'm also diggin' that you know there's no "E" in "Camaro".:D

Keep us updated, bro.

Regards,
Shea:)

nice start so what are your plans if any yet ?

lost of! i want to get a 454 used engine from and old donor, and get the headers on, de double side exhaust and some tires, 275/60 to be accurate, the new dash and details, i love the way it look thoughm so i'll stick to the beater look for awhile....

its also a little difficult to get the parts here in mexico, you have to look a lot, order them via internet, or build them, i'm planning on getting dirty building some parts myself....

thanks!!

Yep, second what DMW said...Some of my fondest car memories were with a '72 Malibu ragtop I owned back in High School...wish I still had that one...:(

Nice "forgotten" body style of the gen 2 F-body, I've always dug the chrome bumper ones (yeah, I know they're aluminum;)). Those wheels are freakin' SWEET, too![dr

I'm also diggin' that you know there's no "E" in "Camaro".:D

Keep us updated, bro.

Regards,

yeah, at first i thought of getting the cragar ss, but then i look closer to my wheels and realise they were triumph, i'd never seen triumph weels, myabe i'm not that observatibe, so i'll keep them....

and hell yeah, there are no E's en camaro, what can i say, my first car, i mean, the first one to be bought by own effort, that makes the suffering worth it :D

to me too, plus the transformers movie made them look even better haha

Geez, I never even thought of the first incarnation of "Bumble Bee" in the first movie!:D

We saw a few of the special "Bumble Bee" editions running around up here for a month or so, just after the second movie came out. Trust "Generous Motors" to take advantage of the publicity from the movies to sell cars...;)

Keep us posted as you make some progress and if you need help, just ask! Lots of friendly guys here willing to help.:cool:

Regards,

Latest posts

Back