bought a new project,1931 model a sedan

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ratsnest

I have been looking for a 1928-31 model a sedan...was planning to go Minnesota this summer to buy one...anyway i found the ford barn and they have a for sale and wanted section.. i posted what i was looking for, within 2 hours i had a reply...its a 31 model a sedan, the guy lives in VA and is going to bring it to Asheville NC a 6 hr ride for him. it will be 4 hour ride for me...the car comes with a extra cowl and he thru in a set of slant windshied doors plus a few mis. parts.....the bad part is the sedan doors are shot [to bad to repair] so ill have to find a set.anyway i could go on and on...heres what i got for a $1000..i pick it up next sat.
for some reason i couldnt get the pics to load...i think there to big..ill try again in a bit.

the pics are to big...i dont know how to resize them...oh its only the body ..if someone will resize them for me...

one more time

Attachments

• 1931,jpg.JPG
    1931,jpg.JPG
    108 KB · Views: 61
  • untitled-1.JPG
    untitled-1.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 64
the right door is caved in really bad...and the left door is just the outer shell.nothing much behind it..if u look at the pics the bottom of the door is pulled away about 6 inches...

Pretty good find!!!
There is MUCH worse out there!!!
Can't go wrong for only a $1,000 bucks!!
Atleast now all u gotta find is doors... Not
a WHOLE CAR!! lol

Those doors are for sure repairable you have from the belt line up thats a nice body for a grand even out west here it would fetch a fair price good job .now it's time to get to work

Mine is in the same condition here is a pic. got a 41 flathead V8 for it and will build a boxed frame.

Attachments

• HPIM1163.jpg
    HPIM1163.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 10
  • HPIM1166.jpg
    HPIM1166.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 9
  • HPIM1162.jpg
    HPIM1162.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 10
i wished it was sat already...i have wanted a model a for a long time...im like a kid waiting for christmas day so i can get my present....with the extra cowl and the slant windshield doors i could sale them and get some of my money back....and then with the extra parts ill almost have another complete 31...

Latest posts

Back