Brake Light???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RUSTY50F1

@$$Fault Junkie
This is a question about my daily driver; I have a 91 4x4 Suburban that the brake light stays on. It flashes 5 times then stays lit then flashes 5 times and on and on all the time I've checked every thing I can think of but to no good. Any Ideas what it could be. Thanks :confused::confused::confused:

Sounds to me like there is a relay or something in there that is causing the flashing like that. I would call a Chevy dealer tomorrow and run it by the Service Manager (just ask him if this is something he has seen and can you buy a part from their parts dept to fix it) Some managers will help, some won't) Try a few dealers till you find one that will tell you something.

Don

Yep sounds like it could be a relay or the switch at the brake pedle. With age, water and road salt they geta little bit of rust in there and do crazy things. Also do your dash lights work? If I rember right the dash lights and the rear lights on a chevy are hooked together.

Heres how to test that relay once you figure out which one it is.

http://autorepair.about.com/cs/troubleshooting/l/aa032903g.htm

Latest posts

Back