Brake line loopes?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martyf

Ok Im going to do a frame/under flooor master cylinder mount, that when rear bags are deflated the car will sit on the frame.

So Im wondering about those brake line circles/loopes that most cars have coming out of the master cylinder. Why do they do this, what do they do, are they required?

Im worried that I wont have the clearance for these line circle with a frame mount and dropping it to the ground

thanks guys

I think they put the loops in for flexibility.

If the lines were short and straight, they'd eventually break.

I've encountered this problem with building brake lines on a few bikes.

Hope this is correct, and helps you out. :confused:

Agreed, you have flex in body mounts and other areas if you have a MC mounted to the firewall.
If everything is mounted to the frame including the MC, I imagine it is not as crucial to have that much flex. Probably does make it easier getting the lines installed too however.

Yep, vibration between the frame and cab would slowly wear the lines somewhere. If the M/C is mounted on the frame, you shouldn't need them I would think.

I was told that the loops are also to equal out the brakes lines between the front brakes so there is an equal amount of brake lines from left to right side. So the brake pressure is equal.

Yep, there's always going to be a certain amount of flex when the master and booster are firewall mounted (in a factory setup, anyway). Those little coils or loops are just there to allow for the flex. No other voodoo or hocus-pocus.:)

Regards,
Shea:)

Latest posts

Back