Brake Line Question HELP!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

52bombshell

ok so im going to run my brake lines now my roomate said that all lines have to be the same length i call this ******** but now i got to thinking. so do front lines have to be the same length as rear lines???

No, look at any production car they are not all the same length. Your left front is the shortest and right rear is the longest. Some times the brake line diameters are different in the front than rear.

When you bleed your brakes make sure to start with the longest first, 1-RR, 2-LR, 3-RF and last LF.

Wow I been doing it wrong all of these years.

It does not matter how long each line is . Some of the old fords ran the front brake line to the left front to a T then went to the right front.

The only thing you got to make sure of is that you are running the line from the right part of the master cylinder. A lot of ford master cylinders run the front brakes from the rear port on the master cylinder.

If they were electric it might make some sense it the truck was 100 feet wide and 200 feet long with hydraulic it does not matter at all.

I due suggest if the master Cly is mounted on the body to make a coil in the lines at the master Cly for body flex, I have seen the lines fail at the fitting with out them.

look at it this way. no matter how long a line is, if theres no air in it, a given pedal stroke is going to move the fluid a given amount regardless of whether the line is an inch or a mile....

Latest posts

Back