bright interior lights

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

custom cabby

in several old time movies, you see cars with very bright lights that seem to shine from the floor up. i assume back in the day the gauge lights were never that bright so was this just for movie purposes or were there actual lights that they hooked up to illuminate the interior from the floor up. i remember in American Graffiti they had these. i like the look but didnt know if this was for rear or a movie prop or if it were real and maybe out-lawed.

for it just being a movie thing, im surprised it didnt catch on and become a fad.

My guess would be because you wont be able to see much outside the car. Especially in the country. AND everyone else will be able to see you picking your nose at night.:eek:

in the 70's when i was a teenager, me and all my buddies used to hook up extra interior lights, always red, "Sex Lights" we called 'em, but in all honesty i only ever used 'em once.....:eek::eek::(

Lights...

Had a buddy put some Christmas lights in his A/C vents and wired them up to the speakers, and they would pulse to the music...LOL...he could only put a few in each vent or they would not work....ahhhhh...good times...

Latest posts

Back