brought some new rust home today...what is it?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hillbilly4008

I found this, it followed me home. What is it? It had wooden wheels and a rear mounted gas tank. I dont know what i'll do with it, but i couldnt let it get scrapped.
(maybe i finally found a home for that Farmall grill)

Attachments

• 100_1283.jpg
    100_1283.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 94
  • 100_1284.jpg
    100_1284.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 75
  • 100_1285.jpg
    100_1285.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 76
  • 100_1286.jpg
    100_1286.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 68
Cool old car! She's rough but I'm sure you can use some sheetmetal. The cowl looks pretty solid anyway. Regardless, you did the right thing in rescuing it from the scrap heap.

Thunder

a guy on the HAMB identified it as a '29 Willys Whippet leatherback. Apparently he seen it before. Im gonna make a roadster out of it anyways.

I started cuttin away at it today out of boredom. I took out the cowl vent(which suprisingly still worked) because it was all rotted through. I am just going to cover the hole with 16ga.

I'll need to remake the cowl sides, doors, decklid, and inner wheel wells. Problem is i dont have a bead roller. Does anyone have experience with HF's bead roller? Is it worth buying? I know ALOT of their stuff isnt.

i'm sure the willy's is better off in your hands than in the scrap yard:D

but its def. more of a project than i could handle...lookin forward to a build thread....:cool:

Latest posts

Back