Build - 1947 Metro Rat Rod

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

remaxman

Here are some pics of my Metro van that is under construction. Cory Mroz of Mr. Oz Designs is building the frame, and getting the body mounted. I also have a blog with more details http://www.XtremeMetro.Blogspot.com I am still open to suggestions on how to finish the build. Let me know your thoughts.

Any one have ideas on:
Dash?
Wheels?
Paint (if any)?

5458642837_c9786066c3_s.jpg

5458643077_d6ca5f832e_s.jpg

5458643271_5c81bc3f62_s.jpg

5460525302_da17b5f2e1_s.jpg

5459918953_e6423ed0f2_s.jpg

wait -- is that TV thing already on the side?
NO PAINT IF THATS THE CASE! -- just get in moving and stopping :)
and drive it -- maybe set up the back to camp in lol -- ultimate car
show mobile.

Wish your pictures were bigger but from what I can see I believe the paint is DONE:D
For the dash I think it would be cool to find the biggest round speedometer you can get your hands on and put it in the middle of the dash and put the rest of the gauges above the windshield.
As for wheels I personally like steel wheels painted black or some bright complimenting color.
Just my thoughts.

Keep us posted on this build as it is definitely gonna be a cool one[cl

Oh, and welcome to RRR:D

Id leave it unpainted drive it and enjoy it. You can always paint it later if you want but once you paint it you will loose that awesome look it has right now forever.

Vintage Metro Van

I have no real plans to paint the top side of the van anytime soon. I'm not one to never say never. My plans are to sand blast and then paint the underside of the van with a bed liner paint to protect it from more rust and then do some minor repairs in some area. The back doors are rusted on the bottom and will not latch so that will have to fixed. The front has a big dent in it and the hood will not fit without straightening it. I ready think the thing looks cool the way it is. I plan on driving it pretty much just like it is.

Latest posts

Back