Building a 51 Sudebaker truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jcox68rt

Hi all. I've been lurking here for a few months. Finally getting around to introducing my self and my 51 Stude pickup. The design plan is to lower it using the parts god gave it. Then treat it to a fresh white paint job with red steelies, and some wide whites, and maybe throw in a little red and black pinstriping...oh but the best of all is a big block chrysler (400ci) shoehorned under the hood with a 727 torqueflight mated to it. :D

7c07ce773b28f54c0fb4cf48072f0cac.jpg
[/IMG]

8ee8f7c1ead16511b880035a41376763.jpg
[/IMG]

3164c6f2b6d113e558a93cfe9a811924_zps56ee7a9e.jpg
[/IMG]

57e153abdc8b48813e8fabf37feae81a_zps2f2db98b.jpg
[/IMG]

Wow, that Stude looks amazingly solid! The big block Mopar sounds awesome and although some folks think red steelies are overdone I happen to love them on a white background. :cool:
Good luck with the build and keep us up to date. [P[P[P

Welcome to RRR from northern Alberta. Big block Dodge; Right on. That's a good solid truck and you've got a very good start on it, or did you make it a very good truck before you showed any pics. Ahaa, maybe. :D
Keep on tinkering.

Sleeper, yes. ;)

The truck IS a very solid survivor. Gotta love the arid central California climate. I'm excited about the build. Should be fun. I'm not sure what the grill is made from...it's definitely the studebaker grill surround, but somebody frankensteined in what looks to be late 40's Buick grill ribs. I think it will clean up well and I'm going to roll with it and make sure it looks right when it's all done. :D

thread

build thread, build thread, build thread, build thread, build thread, build thread,
build thread, build thread, build thread,[P

Later :cool:

Soon.

Build thread coming soon...changed plans with motor...picked up a '59 Cadi 390 for it. Very fifties vibe to it p, should look great in there ;)

Latest posts

Back