Built me a welder cart!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rab71

Well, i broke down and bought a descent welder with my so called Christmas money. And it was about time too damnit...

Well, I was going to go to Harbour Freight and buy me a cheap ol' welding cart but then I started looking around the garage and realized, I had more than enough crap laying around.

Who else builds their own stuff like this? I would think a bunch of doit yourselfers like yourselves there'd be ton's.:D

Actually I just wanted to show off my new welder...

I have a couple of carts, and they look basically the same as yours. I have a couple of tricks on mine, that are handy. I come up with a open 1 1/4 tube to the height of the welder. Then drop a one inch tube inside with a shelf welded on to it. The shelf sits above the welder. Off the shelf I came up again with a 1/2 inch solid bar and made a place to hang my hood. I have also found moving the rear wheels forward to just under the bottle helps take the weight off of it to move it a little more easy.
Good job on the cart!

looks good dude. I bought one of those blue hand trucks at hf and turned that into my cart. Mostly because I move it around in uneven dirty terrain so a regular cart wasn't going to cut it.

Thanks guys, Bonehead I thought of the same things you did but I just didn't want to make this thing so busy with stuff hanging off of it. My luck I'd catch myself on the thing and knock it or me over.:D

I guess mostly I wa just wanted to try out the new welder, and I am bored bored bored... I want to work on the truck but the weather is soooooo bad, and the garge is full... I can't get the thing inside. All I have gotten done is installed one of the headers I built months ago on... The other is half on as I had to run arrands the last nice day we had and I was thinking I would get to it before the weather turned crappy again... WRONG! JUST TWO MORE MONTHS AND WE SHOULD HAVE REGULAR DESCENT WEATHER.:( I hope...

I forgot to tell you the most important thing, I built cup holders on mine!

Attachments

• MIG CART.jpg
    MIG CART.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 26
Here is my tig cart, I did the same thing and put a shelf over the top of the welder, for parts.

Attachments

• tig welder.jpg
    tig welder.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 27
Hey Mr Gusset

Where's the pics Mr Gusset? While you are at it,... Show us a pic of that English wheel too,
Hell you have made more tools than I have broken now that I think about it.

have you ever noticed we say we build stuff out of the scrap metal we have around, but we make something nice from it. isn't that what we do with the good parts of metal before we get to call it scrap?

Latest posts

Back