buried 57 belvedere in tulsa

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motomech

Mr. Willys

Attachments

• still (Small).jpg
    still (Small).jpg
    53 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
well they havnt showed us what it looks like but some workers said that they hit the sides of the car and it seemed solid im looking for more pictures of the car uncovered

post them as soon as you get them, that would be sweet if the waterproofing held up. what a neat thing to do, i can't wait to see it.

Its a shame water got in there with it. I wonder what condition it would have been in without the water .

Really too bad the water got in. you would have thought the engineers designing the vault would have thought about that.
“Ahhh…., gee I wonder if there is a possibility of ground water getting thru this porous concrete?”

Jeff

Really too bad the water got in. you would have thought the engineers designing the vault would have thought about that.
“Ahhh…., gee I wonder if there is a possibility of ground water getting thru this porous concrete?”

Jeff

You answered your own question.....
"Engineers" and "thought".......

Common sense wins everytime.........:D

I saw some pictures of it. It sure looks like there was alot of water in that vault. And from the water level marks on the walls, it looks like it's been a reoccurring process over the years. I hope that bag that the car was wrapped in held up. If not, that car is probably a mess.

I wonder how they got in down in that swimming pool in the 1st place?

The car is on a platform that can be hooked to and hoisted out by crane. I read that the platform is being inspected in order to determine if it is still sound enough to be safely utilized.

Cool pics though.
Are they televising this?
Seems like the should be, and have Heraldo Rivera as the host :D!

Jeff

I think they sold raffle tickets for the car and just before it was put to rest they put the winning ticket in the car.

Bet its no good now.

Latest posts

Back