caddy flathead, whats it worth?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bandit Ls-1

found one locally looks cool as hell but dont know much about this. its out of a 39 cadillac 60 special i belive and has the 3spd trans attached to it, dont know if the motor spins free but its complete except for the carb and generator r gone and im sure its gonna need to be torn down and rebuilt. any idea if its worth anything havent found much info on it.

Couple of hundred bucks at most.
They are rather expensive to rebuild though.

They make really cool rat motors!:cool:
The Exhaust exits through the top of the block.

1st thing i said when i saw it was "this would make the koolest rat motor ever!". i see pipes coming out of it straight up!. and i figured it be expensive to rebuild know of any sites for parts?.

missed out on it... it was at the local junkyard and i went back for it 2day and the whole car got crushed.... SOB! im so bummed out. i bet that thing weighed 700+lbs it looked like a dam iron block that someone chisseled it out to look like a motor lol. i did manage to snag a cell phone pic of it yesterday so check it out.

Attachments

• caddyFlatty.jpg
    caddyFlatty.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 72
No!

That really $(#&%@'s me off that some fool would crush a cool old motor like that. WHAT is wrong with these morons?

ISore

man tell me about... i tried to track it down thinking maybe its just in line waiting to be crushed since it was still early in the morning but nothing. some idiot hatian worker i talked to about it thought i was crazy for wanting it....

lol on the other end of the country.... Florida. thats ok i just thought it was kool and thought id snag it but owell.

I have a friend here in town with a 41 cad. He has owned it for a long time, drug it around the country thinking he would have it restored someday. Then a few years ago a bad hailstorm gave him the excuse he needed to stall out. I would like to aquire it and just drive it like it is, was a good runner a few years ago when they last ran it.

danish roadster with a caddie

I have a friend here in Denmark, who is rebuilding his original 32 roadster with a Caddie flathead. He has a lot of old speedparts for it, as in heads, intakes and ignition-parts and a Ital-mechanica blower.
I´ve told him about this site, so maybe he will join in. He can tell you alot, about these engines
By the way, it was used in the M5 tanks during the 2. ww.
Lars

The last two posts are from Denmark and Oz. Hot rodding is everywhere! And we at RRR are privileged to be involved worldwide.
Dodge253, That is a fantastic truck you posted. Thanks.

Nice....

Caddy powered rat ,being built here by rod hadfield.absolutely love it.

cheers.:cool:

Isn't Rod the fellow with the blown V-12 Lincoln pickup and
a twin blowner Ford cammer in a tall T coupe ?

The Caddy rat looks awesome, can't wait to see it finished. :cool: '22

Latest posts

Back