Calling LA Members...Petersen Auto Museum

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIGGLES!

Hi all this is aimed at our friends in LA but if anyone else has an opinion lets hear it...

Mrs Biggles and I have just booked a months holiday in New Zealand next March, with 2 days stop over each way in Los Angeles...

So we've got 1 day for Disneyland and 1 day for a tour of LA... is the Petersen Automotive Museum worth me risking a clip round the ear to suggest I check it out,;) as its only 4 1/2 miles from our hotel it seems it must be done.

BUT is it worth it and if so how much time should I allow. :confused:

your thoughts advice etc would be most welcom. :)

It's not bad. You can take the tour in about an hour. More if you take a guided tour. Unfortunately, the real treasure is in the basement. I go about once every 2 years or so.

My wife and I go every couple years too.
There is another one.
I think its called the nethercut muesuem (or however you spell it:eek:)
It was created by the merle norman cosmetic guy. Do a search and check the hours of operation. I have not been but have been told it is really something.

Nethercutt collection

My wife and I go every couple years too.
There is another one.
I think its called the nethercut muesuem (or however you spell it:eek:)
It was created by the merle norman cosmetic guy. Do a search and check the hours of operation. I have not been but have been told it is really something.

I agree, the Nethercutt collection is one of the most amazing "museums" I have ever seen.
It is 2 buildings, hundreds of restored rare cars, and a collection of old animated musical instuments.
The main car collection building is open with no reservation.
The 2nd building, across the street requires a reservation.
It has the rarest cars, the music, and the French Louis the something furniture.
It is all free also....

http://nethercuttcollection.org/index2.html

It is worth it if you can make it... '22

Latest posts

Back