Camo painting for hunting some deers!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
There are a ton of deer up here in the Texas hills & I'm getttin' ready to bag one so I decided to camo my golf cart & guns. Decided to start off with my shotgun before I do my hunting rifles!

1) Gun B4
2) Sprayed tan
3) Using sega palm leaves for tiger stripe effect
4) Final before clear coating
5) close up
6) Cart

BoB

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 33
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 35
  • cart.JPG
    cart.JPG
    151.3 KB · Views: 33
Still have to wear orange, don't you? [S We do to deer hunt, but turkey hunters could hide in plain open sight and you'd never see them for the camo.

Hope you do better than the guys i work with, they've been off all week and aint got nothing. I had 9 does in my field this morning, but everyone wants that trophy buck.

Still have to wear orange, don't you? [S We do to deer hunt, but turkey hunters could hide in plain open sight and you'd never see them for the camo.

Only on public property... parks etc... then you have to have 144 sq" of orange. None needed on private land... I'll be shooting on my own property!

Hope you do better than the guys i work with, they've been off all week and aint got nothing. I had 9 does in my field this morning, but everyone wants that trophy buck.

They hunted bucks so heavily here they had to ban shooting them for nearly 10 years... I'll take a doe! There's a 10-12 pointer that's in our back pasture all the time but I let him pass!

BoB

Only on public property... parks etc... then you have to have 144 sq" of orange. None needed on private land... I'll be shooting on my own property!
BoB

We have to have it on even on our own property. I guess they figure some yahoo would shoot across property lines, and from what I've seen, some of them would!

You hunt deer with shotguns in Texas?
I found a nice 4 point (8 point for you back east) white tail last week that must have died of lead poisoning. Probably only dead a week or so but the coyotes had him picked clean.

You hunt deer with shotguns in Texas?
I found a nice 4 point (8 point for you back east) white tail last week that must have died of lead poisoning. Probably only dead a week or so but the coyotes had him picked clean.

Have quite a few 12 gauge buckshot (8 pellet) rounds but use my Black Rifle for deer huntin'... thought I'd practice on my shotgun 1st before I messed up my fav rifle!

Figured my 9mm needed the treatment too! [ddd

BoB

Attachments

• glock.JPG
    glock.JPG
    180.5 KB · Views: 10
Used to deer hunt with a rifle in Michigan when I lived up there. Down here in FL, we just wrastle 'em to the ground. They're not as big down here as they are up north ;)

saw an ad for a portable blind that looks like a mirror.
$160
That got me thinking
What if we used just a regular space blanket stretched tight?
They only cost 2 bucks

Latest posts

Back