Can you ID this panel wagon?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lars Larsen

Hey guys and gals, Can you help me identify this trailer. My family has owned this for years, and I have no idea what it is. Thinking about selling it, but I'd like to know what year and make it is. Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• panel wagon 001.jpg
    panel wagon 001.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 145
  • panel wagon 003.jpg
    panel wagon 003.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 114
  • panel wagon 002.jpg
    panel wagon 002.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 102
Packard??? That's my guess but I really know nothing. I am confident however that Gastrick can tell us make model and factory.:D:D

[P.........

Last edited:
Hmmm.... This is a good one....

Those wheels look like early Ford "Wide Fives," but that doesn't mean crap. Judging by the newer rear window tacked in the front, this baby is like an AMC, made from many leftovers.

My best "guesstimate" would be that panel delivery started life as an International from sometime in the 1940's, but I'm probably wrong.

Maybe a side-trip to www.oldihc.org is in order.

Of course, Bill (Gastrick), will probably know exactly what it is, right down to the year and model...;)

Can't wait for the right answer!:D

Regards,
Shea:)

Last edited:
Yep, but Shea was right about the wheels. That is a '36-'39 Ford wide five axle and wheels. Much like the previously-mentioned AMC, it is definitely a hodge-podge of parts!
(they were referred to as AlMost Chrysler!) ;)

I've got a set that I'm using on my next project. I have a set of 38 Standard caps for them.

That's cool man! I'm using them on my current project. I removed the hubcap clips & filled the holes. Using chrome bullet lugs & I am having a set of grease caps chromed. I like it...

roadster1.jpg

Sorry for the hijack. Now back to your regularly scheduled thread...

man i want it that would go great with the 29chevy, and the cross country street preachin from the ratrod tour this summer! be a great camper!

Attachments

• DSC00098.JPG
    DSC00098.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 16
  • trailerpanelwagon.jpg
    trailerpanelwagon.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 24
Some advice on listing & selling on Flea Bay. Start something like that at $1.00 and have a reserve if you need a certain amount for it. It will spawn more interest that way and be more likely to sell. It is rather cool looking.

I disagree, hidden reserves turn people off and very few items with hidden reserves ever sell. Buyers want to know where you're at pricewise. You wouldn't make some one guess how much it was if you were selling it locally.
That thing is oozing coolness. What part of Nebraska are you in?

I disagree, hidden reserves turn people off and very few items with hidden reserves ever sell. Buyers want to know where you're at pricewise. You wouldn't make some one guess how much it was if you were selling it locally.
That thing is oozing coolness. What part of Nebraska are you in?

I'm about 45 miles west of Lincoln, so south eastern/central.

Latest posts

Back