Can You Rat a 60 T Bird?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PA41

I've bumped into a 60 Thunderbird thats in good shape--fresh remaned 352, no rust, original faded semi rough baby blue paint--minor dents -dings, redone interior... Good driver.. Asking $5900-- I kinda think $5K would get it.

Any ideas on this--I kinda like it and kinda don't. Semigloss and wide whites?? GASSER!!??--ever seen one? Low/slow bagger? Cut It UP!!??

What to do--what to do??

Thanks for any ideas suggestions..

PA41

There is a perfect stance for squarebirds, i've seen it. Down about 3 in the front. Doors a foot thick, bumpers it takes two men to pick up. All the coolness and class the designers could think of. We will NEVER see anything like these again. You don't even have to drive it for reals PA, just park it in you living room,sit back in the lazyboy and fantasize! :D

"Rat"? - HELL NO. Custom? - ABSOLUTELY.

Larry Watson did it best...

400px-Larry-watson-1958-thunderbird-vino-pasiano.jpg

I've always been a fan of those Birds. I think.... Dropped a few inches, flat base (not black. like green) with the roof flaked to match and some classy wheels !

You can do anything you like to a car, but does it make it right? No! It's your car so anything goes. I have to agree with some of the other's here and make a custom! Nothing looks cooler than those old birds! Good luck with whatever you decide...CR

I once saw a 56 T bird that was done like a gasser. up 2 ft in the front and the rear wheel wells cut out for the slicks that stuck out 4 ". It is yours, do what you want. [P

Semigloss and wide whites, Low/slow bagger you already have it figured out
I also like the mad MAX idea good luck

I've bumped into a 60 Thunderbird thats in good shape--fresh remaned 352, no rust, original faded semi rough baby blue paint--minor dents -dings, redone interior... Good driver.. Asking $5900-- I kinda think $5K would get it.

Any ideas on this--I kinda like it and kinda don't. Semigloss and wide whites?? GASSER!!??--ever seen one? Low/slow bagger? Cut It UP!!??

What to do--what to do??

Thanks for any ideas suggestions..

PA41

Do a restomod, there was a driver for Sean Hyland Motorsports that did coil overs and made a great driver out of a mid 60' Bird.

my .02

Dave

Thats exceptional... Just lowered and chopped, isn't it??

I believe the back glass is flat- the top is flat and boxy (hence 'square bird') so not too dificult to alter-so the biggest deal would be the front windshield..

Ya think?

(A little aside here) This is where I usually jam my self up buy saying "this would be EASY! Even a limited skilled slacker such as myself can do it"

Someboddy stop me!!!

PA41

What's going on for the Bentley?

Yo Sam...

The Speedsters sitting in the yard kinda hid--(was getting a lotta drop ins with it in sight--disturbed Cupcake). I have the rear fenders off and in the shop working on them some more between football and life getting in the way. I had a nose job done a couple weeks back and am finally gettin over that (talk about MISERY!) I'm not suppozed to lift/work, or get dust up my nose for a while. I sure can sleep good --I see how nose breathers live now..

Plan on posting some more on it as I improve the fenders.

Car/project shopping is light work so I'm just out looking close to me. Have found this T bird-$5900, a 67 ford Ranchero-$2800--351 Cleveland, a 55 Ford 2 door post restored $7K, a couple-3 Studebakers, a 60 truck (nice but a WEIRD fitting bed)-a 50 Starlight Coupe (Weird all around) -& a 54 4 door Land Cruiser (Hulk--$200 Gonna probably get it for sheetmetal junk), N a few shoebox Chevies for WAY too much--($3-7K not running!!)

What do you think on choppin the top on this bird? Wonder what a Carson top would look like??

PA41

Last edited:
Have found this T bird-$5900, a 67 ford Ranchero-$2800--351 Cleveland, a 55 Ford 2 door post restored $7K, a couple-3 Studebakers, a 60 truck (nice but a WEIRD fitting bed)-a 50 Starlight Coupe (Weird all around) -& a 54 4 door Land Cruiser (Hulk--$200 Gonna probably get it for sheetmetal junk), N a few shoebox Chevies for WAY too much--($3-7K not running!!)

only issue with what you have found is they are almost all fords!!!:(
JK. I am a die hard chevy guy but I like anything that I deem to be cool no matter who made it![;)

Latest posts

Back