Canadian East Coaster

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bullet

Hi,
I spotted a fellow Studie enthusiast here and thought I should check out the site. I'm original from the west coast but moved to the Canadian Maritimes 9 yrs. ago in search of cheaper real estate, which I found, so I stayed.

I've been into Harleys & Streetrods most my life, now into rods only after suffering a bad MC accident in '88. I decided 4 wheels were safer than 2.

Although I like the raw natural look of a ratrod I may never own one. I did say "May never", NOT, "Would never", and in the same breath, I'm hoping I'll not be roasted by the members here for building a full blown custom 1950 Studebaker Champion Sedan either.

My project build can be viewed on my personal site at the following link.
(no commercial value)

http://www.1950studebakerretrorod.com/

Studedoors01.jpg

now where have I heard that before.

Hey bullet,How's she goin'? Your story sounds alot like mine! Western boy, moves east, real estate, here to stay, etc. etc. I'm in New Brunswick, Blackville area. Hopefully will see you at one of this years upcoming shows. Love your Stude!

Last edited:
Thanx all.

Screw, hope to make it to the Atlantic Nats in Moncton, if you spot the Studie, come over and introduce yourself.

Last edited:
No need to convert ....... during the last 12 yrs of this custom build, I've had plenty of time to think about the rusty side. I dig the aggressive untouched natural rawness that each personalized ratrod exemplifies.

I'm not sure how accepting a ratrod would be in NS, even though there's unsafe rust buckets now plying the roads, if you know what I mean. I suppose if it's built with safety in mind and the patina is surface rather than through cancer, I can't see why they wouldn't allow it registration.

But then there are the pretty little bureaucrats that think ratrods are eyesores, which detracts from the tourist side of the tourism base, and therefore should be deemed a menace to society and eliminated.

Last edited:
crossing paths

welcome Bullet, I think you may like this site,great bunch of guys , as for ratrods in your area, go for it . this scene is gonna be around for a long time to come. looked at your car on another site loved it then still do. again welcome

Nice car, welcome aboard. If Rat Rod tourists started showing up, bet there would be a bit more of a blind eye. My wife and I have always wanted to go to the East Coast, just might have to test out the theory.:D

Thanks everyone, it's good to be here.

This is the only thing I've seen in 10 yrs. here that comes close to been a ratrod.

040.jpg

041.jpg

And this cool little Topolino.

036.jpg

Latest posts

Back