Can't Believe the way things are going lately.....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgtpontiac

Older, Wiser and Still Buildin'
All three of the Fords I was looking at in the storage yard have vanished....guy hasn't called and won't return my calls....My 63 Pontiac blew out a freeze plug on it's first drive of the season.....still don't know why.....haven't had time to work on it....or the truck.....have attended so many funerals lately that I'm getting depressed.....youngest son's fiance up and left him....wife had her health scare...works been un-Godly busy.....(must be something in the water) short handed and working way too much overtime (getting too old for ton's of OT)lol.....my adopted daughter is in jail....(I need to write a book about all of those trials and tribulations) and every cotton picking thing I touch lately turns to dung...... ever had those days, weeks months?????:eek:...... there, I feel much better now.....NOT!!!

l know

l know the feeling.

lost job due to back injury and ended up permatly diabled.

crap in my lungs from work left me 40 percent of my breathing capicity gone.

lost son to a drowning.

lost dad to cancer.

almost lost my house.

went from killer money to very little.

had to sell my stash of parts and a few of my nice hot rods to pay bills and put food on the table.

first run on the dodge truck brakes lock up, blow a freeze plug and have the insurance tell me the towing is not in effect till monday so, call friend to tow home with a chain.

but, it still beats the ''dirt nap'' option:D

and just remember, it could always be worse:eek:

later:cool:

I know the feeling, forced retirement 3/4 of the way into a large garage/home addition. Now dealing with $3000 month less income. Self contracting the work to save a few bucks. Can't hire reliable workers. Most of the estimates are from companies that are evidently trying to make up their poor year on this one project. The quotes are out rageous...! I took care of myself all my life, now that I'm retired, I have a herniated disk and can barely walk/sit without pain. WTF!:confused:

Keep the Faith, Sarg, sometimes that old bucket can get damned full but, if you empty it one drop at a time, it will eventually lessen the load. As for your Youngest Son and his "Finance", that was probably a blessing from Heaven in disguise.

Keep on keepin' on and Good Luck,
WR

I hope you are at the end of the worst of it, all of you who have been going through bad times. It reminds me of a sig line I saw, "Life is tough, after all it kills you". Just my feeble attempt to cheer you up.

I had my bad week last wk. First accident in 9 years bot in my work truck (thats bad as a truck driver) called my wife to tell her and she told me she was on her way home from the med center, she tried to cut off the end of her finger at work. Friday I get home after a buddy that lives two houses down told me the gay gentelman who got was acting as a doctor was doing circumsisions out of his house was taking pictures of mine,(creepy) as I got home my basement had water in it from my sewer pipe backing up( no one to jet it out till saturday afternoon). but I think I dithed the dark cloud. So hang in there srg.:eek:

I had my bad week last wk. First accident in 9 years in my work truck (thats bad as a truck driver) called my wife to tell her and she told me she was on her way home from the med center, she tried to cut off the end of her finger at work. Friday I get home after a buddy that lives two houses down told me the gay gentelman who got was acting as a doctor (was doing circumsisions out of his house) was taking pictures of mine,(creepy) as I got home my basement had water in it from my sewer pipe backing up( no one to jet it out till saturday afternoon). but I think I dithed the dark cloud. So hang in there srg.:eek:

... Friday I get home after a buddy that lives two houses down told me the gay gentelman who got _____ was acting as a doctor (was doing circumsisions out of his house) was taking pictures of mine,(creepy)...

Whoa! Uh...back up a little bit and slow down. You missed a word or two, and taking pictures of your what?! [S

You can just blurt stuff like that out and not be clear! :eek:

My problems are small beans but I do notice they come in waves and the wave just gets higher when I start letting it get me down. Most of it I understand as karma and the law of attraction but sometimes it doesn't make sense.

WOW guys

You make me feel better all the time...Like Joyce Meyer says "There is always someone worse off than you"...I am very blessed so far to be sneakin through this thing called life with only minor speedbumps...I wish all you guys that are having life issues today the sun will shine on your world a little more.

MikeC

In my 70 years I've noticed that a good time is followed either by another good time or a bad time. And conversely.:confused:

I appreciate all the sentiments guys.....

After hearing some of the other guys issues, I'm a bit embarrassed that I felt down...... I have been truly blessed in my life...... great wife, good kids (for the most part)...and I should really be glad that I can still work, make decent pay and overall have pretty good health.....I apologize to all of you who have things happening that are far worse for complaining about what are turning out to be very minor issues.... think I needed to unload and I appreciate all of the guys (and gals) on this forum..... God bless ya all for helping so many so often in so many ways..........:)

expectations will eat you alive

can't just say fuggit...hafta learn to live it.

People don't fail to return my calls, I refuse to be screened...
I do a higher thing and I don't let them fail.
I present to them a choice...
I let them decide...
Then...
I accept their decision...

I usually don't leave messages even to say call me back...
I check messages about once a week so they know if it's important keep trying...(unless i don't recognize the number that called then i do check)
I let the phone ring 4 times and hangup on the 5th if no answer.

I asked myself onetime "why am i talking to a tape recorder, i called a person". I figgure if they don't want to talk to me or call me back then they don't need to know why I called or hear what i have to say...
I also figured it isn't going to be my place to chase anyone down.
I often asked myself "why am i chasing down this person as if I were a begging child? they aren't listening to me so why keep trying"

My attitude changed when I began to hire people and argue with customers who cant or wont pay, not just my attitude with employees but with my employers, people at the cash register, women i meet... everyone... people who fail to respond...
I don't let them fail, I take it as their choice and then I take action upon that choice.

If I'm talking to you I'll look you in the eye and I expect you to listen. if you don't I will not repeat myself... If we later have a problem because you ignored me I will remind you exactly what I said, where we were and when.
The choice you are making when you listen or ignore is to chose to take lead on the issue or surrender it to me. For minor things give folks one chance because 2 chances becomes too many....and you will find if they know you they will listen and communicate...not let you chose for them if it's anything important or serious.

If someone gets ****ed off remind them... You addressed them about the issue, You gave them the choice to act or communicate and they chose to yield.

Authority comes only from the mouth of the author.
It is a fundamental cornerstone of free speech.
Your words must have a finite beginning and a certain ending in which the statement you propose is framed.
a statement framed in fuzzy logic, fuzzy morals, or with no solid geometry to it in structure or delivery (like rambling or repetitive)...
Compared to a statement framed in your personal authority,
is as a fart in the wind
compared to a thrown stone.
One the other party can make a face and ignore for convenience..
the other they cannot.

Follow the best and lead the rest.
Live is an action word.
You have the INTERNET, I'm sure you've seen websites where freaky people enjoy the most unimaginable degradations and tortures just for kicks. There is pleasure even in pain.
Pleasure and pain are just like tinnitus in your ears
whichever you direct your attention to, you experience more fully regardless the circumstances.

The naked wierdos in their basement torture chambers have what they call a safe word for when things get to be to much....
This world has a safe word...
Father,

Give me the ability to tolerate the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom the know the difference.

somewhere in there I find the core of my sanity

Latest posts

Back