Cantilever suspension

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

21willys

I'm building a cantilever system on the back of my rat. I'm having trouble findin something that will work well for the pivot point of the lever. Anybody have any ideas or suggestions? I looked into bearings and I didn't like the way they looked and they didn't seam like they would last.

Thanks ahead of time.

Pete & Jake's has four bar poly bushings that use 5/8" diameter bolts. They might work. They also have steel sleeves that fit the bushings.

I've searched several sites. I'm limited to my phone right now for Internet service and it sucks to say the least.

I checked out the link you posted and it either has issues or it don't work we'll with my phone.

Thanks guys

For right now I just used a steel sleeve on a hardened bolt. It may prove to be a mistake down the road but right now it has been working well.

I bought solid a arm bushings that have a greasable sleeve yesterday. I'm going to have to modify them a bit but they should work out alright.

We are getting ready to do this setup..Im using Hydraulics to coil overs and my question is Does the coil overs have to be at the same angle as the hydraulic cylinder? I will be using a bat wing style setup with the pivot in the middle or something similar to a boom a rang with a center piece pivot

IF I am understanding your question correctly, No.

Are you planning on using the hydros to raise/lower the car but still using the coil overs so it has some movement and not solid suspension?

correct /|\
/O \
hydro coil over
cylinder here on
on left bottom \
here
at bottom/

circle is wheel and | down is tabs for the batwing that will mount in center of axle

hydro
cylinder
mounts to frame rail

coil over mounts to lower 4 link bar and bat wing

so /|\ this is batwing teeter totter

well the allignment of that diagram went all over
hydro cylinder to frame rail and bottom of hydro shaft to bat wing
bat wing bolts in middle to axle and when cylinder goes up it pushes bat wing down which is attached to coil over
top of coil over attached to bat wing and bottom attached to lower 4 link bar

does the 2 angles
1 of cylinder and 2 of coil overs have to be the same? /|\ so 45 degrees on cylinder to frame pushing up
45 degrees to coil over pushing down

Latest posts

Back