car delivery ripoff

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snarley

hey guy's i have been tryin to help a guy in florida who bought a sedan delivery from a friend of mine track down the scumbag that was hired to deliver this truck to florida from galveston. his name is darrell tindall and i went by the address in league city that we had on him and his neigbors said he moved three months ago. we think he may live in dickenson tex. but have no address there. the vehicle was picked up 15 days ago in santa fe tex and has not been delivered yet. and the scumbag wont answer his phone. so if anyone knows this guy please help out. the buyer is a hamber and goes by the name of oldfart on the HAMB. here's a link to his thread on the hamb

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=615762&highlight=oldfart

thanks
snarley

That sucks man. Hope it works out. How did you pay the guy/for the car? Any chance to recoup some of the costs?

Auto theft is a pretty serious crime! Anytime I use a shipper I always take a photo of their truck and license plate.

Toad

the guy that sold the car had nothing to do with the transport of it. the buyer arranged for the transpot and paid with a cc i believe. the cc was charged thru a candle shop in league city tex. where darrell tindall's wife worked. so he is trying to get ahold of the company that charged his cc. so if anyone knows this guy he goes by the name the transport guy and is either in league city or dickinson texas.

the last time i read his post he said he had talked to the guy and he did say it was on a trailer at his house in texas, i guess he lied again. i hope oldfart gets his stuff and puts a foot up his backside big time.

sorry to hear...

Not related to this case , but guys...... please be carefull with another transport scam where some guy presents himself as BUYING your car , compleet with a fake paypall acct, then ask you to send him the extra 1000.oo he added to your price for SHIPPING to him,..BEWARE ....Its a scam and just recently happened to me ......(no loss on my part because I cought it verry quickly)...hate theese scammers and will be glad to pass along his email privatly..(reported him Imidiatly), Sammy

How did you pay for the shipping.

I would contact the seller and tell him what happen and if he could give you any info on the truck that picked it up. Maybe by dumb luck he took pictures and the plate number of the truck or the truck or the driver could be in the picture. Also any detail on the vehicle that could help Id it.

Next contact the police an explain what happen and give them any info you got.

If you paid with credit card you may be able to get your money back on the shipping. That should get his attention and the card Co. bring up charges on him for fraud . That happen to someone that never sent me an item I paid for.

Good luck. I hope everything works out for you.

Not related to this case , but guys...... please be carefull with another transport scam where some guy presents himself as BUYING your car , compleet with a fake paypall acct, then ask you to send him the extra 1000.oo he added to your price for SHIPPING to him,..BEWARE ....Its a scam and just recently happened to me ......(no loss on my part because I cought it verry quickly)...hate theese scammers and will be glad to pass along his email privatly..(reported him Imidiatly), Sammy

I can't believe ppl are still falling for that one.

yes both of them are him and oldfart said he just got ahold of him and he is supposed to leave houston today with the car and be in florida by thursday we'll see. still it's been 18 day's for what was supposed to be a 2 day delivery
i think his 100% positive rating on uship will be going down bigtime.

Latest posts

Back