Car for sale of eBay not a rat rod!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Not a rat rod" is a good way to get the words 'rat rod' into your ad without having to admit it is one. It is mostly pre 65 stuff.

Id kinda like to get a big fat P.O.R.K sticker to paste on the back window of mine and in super fine print right above the sticker "Not affiliated to:"
:D just cause im far from traditional with my IFS open fender :)

But I also want a big fat RRR sicker, and I don't want to be the guy to start a flame war between us and them :)

After looking at all the guys pictures I have to agree with him, it is a pretty straight forward hot rod, not a rat rod. I don't mean that to offend any of my RRR Brothers, but just the way I see that particular car. Just because one is not in finished paint doesn't automatically make it a rat. :)

Don

Last edited:
How about the electric fan? Does that get past the traditional rules? I'm glad I don't have to worry about a rule book. :rolleyes:

'Ready to be finished' talk is another way to get around being pegged as a rat.

What ever you call it, I like it.

after looking at the pic's I agree....it's not a rat. The store bought "so-cal" zoomies gave it away, a rat would have hand built his own

At any of the "traditional" events like Billetproof you can take almost any car and find a few items that really don't fit the "rules ", including my 27. I am running a 331 Ford stroker roller cam motor with aluminum heads, billet pulleys, electric fan, and probably a few more items that they do not like to see. But we have to realize this is 2012 and not 1950, so they do not raise a stink as long as a car doesn't come in on 20 inch wheels and with billet everywhere.

My headers are also store bought (Sanderson Limefires) because they can do it better than me. My Son just got done building a set of them for his rpu and he said it is something he will never do again. It took two weeks and a lot of work. Next time he will have Salt Flat Matt build them for him. Frankly, I have Speedway, SoCal, Pete and Jakes, and Summit on speed dial and am not ashamed to use as many of their off the shelf products as I can.

I like traditonally styled cars but I am not a slave to every nut and bolt being from 1950. I like electric fuel pumps, alternators, and electric fans. I grew up in a time when we had to drive cars without those modern conveniences and I have had enough of undercharging, fuel starved, overheating hot rods. When I want to go I want to put gas in the tank and go with no worries. :D

Don

I agree with Don.
And I think the car is a "traditional inspired" build.

The valve covers (1970's), trans dipstick, gauges, are not traditional parts. However, I still can't bring myself to classify it as a rat.

Personally, after going through 2 bajo rear ends only to find they were junk, axles and wishbones to find they were junk, steering boxes to find they were junk.....I now head for the later model parts I know still have a chance of being good. Parts I can afford. And I buy a lot of the "chinese junk" from Speedway.

I can remeber the 60's model cars I've had that were running on 60's technology. Points sucked, fuel pumps vapor lock as soon as outside temps reach 95*, shoddy drum brakes that will unexpectedly pull you over into the next lane or steer you to the ditch, lousy lighting systems that only shine out about 40 feet on high beams.

The good ol days? I say good riddance.

thats a cool old hot rod. looks like it could go either way. rat or not their all hot rods to me. for some reason the old style or rats catch my eye way before the trailer queens.a lot of the hot rods my dad built back in the 50's-60's would be rats today.

Looks like $5,000 short of being a $10,000 ride unless someone's just paying a little extra to play with his tattoos.

Anyone notice the no penetration slave labor what do I care Chinese factory Auschwitz welds on the header flanges?

Latest posts

Back