Car jealousy

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

440shorty

So after 5 years of storage, I finally restarted work on my S-10 project (see build thread).

The first day I racked the truck and unbolted the S-10 bed. My wife calls me while I am working to inform me her car won't start.

The second day I begin cutting and welding on the bed. On the way home, my Pontiac wagon transmission loses second gear. My wife also informs me that the heat doesn't work in the '94 Chrysler.

The wife's '98 Bravada needs a fuel pump, and the wagon a transmission.

Are the other cars in my fleet jealous of the S-10? Are they crying for attention??

Anyone else had this sort of thing happen?

44oshorty

I believe there is a link. Last month I was in the process of looking for a new car. After visiting the dealer and finding the new car I wanted, my '98 Grand Prix displayed a low coolant light. Checked levels, everthing was fine. Car must have been upset at my shopping and wanted to display its disgust at the fact that it was soon to be traded in.

That sums up my life. :eek:

I'm with him.....

My old truck I throw in new parts and it either spits them back out or the rest of the parts get jealous. Seems like I am always working on something anymore which is why the wife got a new car when my Jetta got smashed. I am still driving her old car and my old truck, but am looking for a Jetta replacement. Maybe in a couple years I will replace my truck.... maybe.

Just don't say that when the truck is around.

Exactly![cl I always talked "nice" to my truck even when things were going wrong...It gave me 377,000 almost trouble free miles before I sold it...I never said the "sell" word around it!!!SSShhhh:D

My fleet are also mostly aging 90s models. They all need something. If any of them ever needs anything major, like a transmission, it will be out of the fleet. I can buy another car cheaper than having a tranny rebuilt. Other than my diesel, I usually try to get rid of my daily drivers around 160,000 so they can die in someone else's yard.

Exactly![cl I always talked "nice" to my truck even when things were going wrong......I never said the "sell" word around it!!!SSShhhh:D

I always say nice things to it even when I am irritated..... give her hopes that I am going to fix her up, all that stuff. As long as it keeps getting me around I will keep it around. For the most part it hasn't given me too much trouble considering age and miles.

Latest posts

Back