Car Shopping

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tude - I believe it's a home made limo. I'm not sure what all has been done, but the rear roof area had some visible seams where they have patched things in. I wonder if they took a two door rear and mated it with a four door sedan? The couple is blocking the view of the back door.

I see, at first I thought man those doors got to be heavy, then noticed the window seam on the other side, he's just in the perfect spot to throw it off.

Either way I dig it

Chrysler.1959.Imperial.Lebaron.715.jpg

Just for reference...

Nice picture indeed, thank you for sharing all your work on here, love seeing it![cl

Wonder if that was stretched recently or was a airport limo or something from years back. I'm not sure why a recent customizer would stretch a 4door? But then my Dad doesn't understand why I ruined my Olds. :rolleyes:

Cool car, and very cool pic.

I'm guessing that is was stretched a while ago, but probably not as a finished limo. The "Franken-Seams" in the roof were a bit rough and rusty and didn't look like they would hide well under a vinyl top, if it ever had one. They definately wouldn't hide below paint. There were no obvious seams in the gold painted body work and the slightly sloped body lines are carried nicely from front to back, so the builder's got some talent. When I get home from work tonight I'll post up some photos that haven't been doctored for your enjoyment. I didn't get a chance to talk with the owner. If I see him around again I try to find out more.

rex1927 - Thanks for the comments!

The mural is located on the side of a building in Golden, CO. I took a bunch of shots of it to use as a background for images like this. I'd love to give the artist credit, but I can't read his signature on the piece. The mural is titled "Sacrifice Creates Destiny". I shot the couple and the car at a separate show and dropped them into these backgrounds.

Latest posts

Back