Carburetor Question need some knowledge!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kkulture8

I have a 327 sbc, im putting an offenhauser triple carb intake manifold on and i was hoping to find out what size cabs can fit, work the best...what brand to go with and prices??

Depends, no not the diapers!

I have a 327 sbc, im putting an offenhauser triple carb intake manifold on and i was hoping to find out what size cabs can fit, work the best...what brand to go with and prices??

kkulture8,
That depends on the motor, like how much horsepower etc. If it's a pretty stock motor then it's easy to figure out what sized 4-barrel you would need and divide by three. I think 3 Stromberg 97's would probably be too much for that motor unless you do like many guys an only really run one and the others are blocked off.

Beercan

kkulture8,
I think 3 Stromberg 97's would probably be too much for that motor unless you do like many guys an only really run one and the others are blocked off.

Beercan

I think he would be okay with three Strombergs. That's only 450 CFM combined. The ever popular 97's are only 150 CFM each.

It also depends on your manifold. Are the carb flanges drilled for three hole carb bases or four hole carb bases? I have a 350 small block Chevy that was basically stock except for a cam. I ran a 3X2 setup on it consisting of an Offy intake and 3 Rochester 2G's with progressive linkage. The car ran perfectly. The Rochesters are four bolt carbs.

My ol man and I are gonna be runnin 3 rochester 2g carbs on a 30 over 283. Carbs are pretty much stock. Gonna be runnin progressive linkage so when not gettin on it the center carb will be the main one workin. He got a baseplate and linkage kit designed so everything works without havin backfire and tuning issues. Of course we are about a month away from startin the thing so I hope all goes well when we fire it up.

Latest posts

Back