Cash for Clunkers crap.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sudden Impact Racing

have you guys heard about this? I just heard the first thing on the news this morning.

Here's the link.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/...clunkers_N.htm

it looks like it's already passed the house and is on to the Senate. I hope we can stop this one! it's just another stab at us rodders trying to do what we love. This sucks.

Hope fully SEMA will get behind us and we can contact our elected officials and get this one stopped.

I am posting this up on the forums I participate in. I hope we can do something about this so we don't Lose out.

They are doing this because they are desperate and this worked over in Europe. I can only see this as a horrible thing for our community! :eek:

Beercan

yeah it's really unsettling. I can understand wanting better fuel economy but you can do that with older cars as well. it's call doing proper maintenance and learning how to drive with out putting your foot thru the floor board. I have an older car and truck I drive and I can get 0ver 20 in the truck and near 30 in the car if I drive sensible.

good by repair shops parts houses used car lots cheep used cars and new cars will go up by $4500 on and on but a cheep fiat tin not for your old iron

My take on this is it will mostly get rid of the clunker front wheel drive cars.

Most people who have older cars have them because they can't pay for a new one, even if they get 4K for clunker, they will still have to make the payment for the new one. These are hard times and low/middle income families with clunkers are going to find it difficult to take advantage of this.

I totally agree most people driving junk can't handle the payments!And no rodders are going to trade in a car worth having so really it sounds like a great way to dish off all the berettas,corsicas,sunbirds,luganas and aries k cars.etc.really more wasted paper!!!

I totally agree most people driving junk can't handle the payments!And no rodders are going to trade in a car worth having so really it sounds like a great way to dish off all the berettas,corsicas,sunbirds,luganas and aries k cars.etc.really more wasted paper!!!

ya we would all like to think that but think of the guy that wont sell anything to anybody (ohh thats not for sale i am going to fix that up some day) ya that guy with 34 chevs,and fords just stockpiled in his back yard and now he gets good cash for them alot of great tin down the drain to a crusher

and just think some day all the berettas,corsicas,sunbirds,luganas and aries k cars will be hotrods for people some day in the future

we hope not but maby

Actually one saving grace on this is that SEMA stepped in and helped put a stipulation on the bill. its only open to vehicles and are less than 25 years old.

At least they got some limits put on it. 1984 and newer, must own car over a year.

I was afraid my future grand kids would never know what a Ford Fairmont looks like in person. :rolleyes:

Seeing as the U.S. is more the "land of the free" I can't wait to see what crap the Canadian politicians will throw at us in the near future. At least it looks like it's 1984 and up stuff for you guys. By the way, anything built since 1984 worth saving ?

Seeing as the U.S. is more the "land of the free" I can't wait to see what crap the Canadian politicians will throw at us in the near future. At least it looks like it's 1984 and up stuff for you guys. By the way, anything built since 1984 worth saving ?

Hmmm..... let me think.....

Latest posts

Back