Change Your Friggin' Oil!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piewagn

This nitwit went 56k miles, and changed his oil ONCE!! Couldn't produce ANY maintenance receipts, and GM still gave him a new engine!!! These Ecotechs are bullet proof, this thing musta been screamin' for attention! ( that's my buddy Charlie spottin' for me ).

Attachments

• ecotech1.jpg
    ecotech1.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 63
  • ecotech2.jpg
    ecotech2.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 66
This nitwit went 56k miles, and changed his oil ONCE!! Couldn't produce ANY maintenance receipts, and GM still gave him a new engine!!!

That's incredible... GM never gave me *any* slack much less a new motor! Personally... I'm shocked!!! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

This nitwit went 56k miles, and changed his oil ONCE!! Couldn't produce ANY maintenance receipts, and GM still gave him a new engine!!! These Ecotechs are bullet proof, this thing musta been screamin' for attention! ( that's my buddy Charlie spottin' for me ).
Hey, I own GM stock!!! What are they doing giving away an engine!!!!

When I was a kid working in a gas station, there was a lady that was a pain in the ***. I told her to leave and take her business elsewhere. She got real blustery and demanded to see the Boss. I said, "Sure, hey Uncle George! Someone wants to speak with you". My Uncle came out and told her to leave.The look on her face was priceless.......

My wife's Cav has the 2.2 Ecotec. I'm impressed with how snappy those little buggers are. Fortunately, it gets routine oil changes every 3000-3500 miles.:eek: I have to take good care of it, when the Geo dies, I inherit it as a work car!

i have a Yamaha 4stroke snowmobile. The first season i had it i bumped a tree with one of the skis, bent the A arm a little. In order to replace the arm you have to get at it from under the hood and remove the airbox and battery. Replacing the arm after that was simple, 4 bolts total. Put it all back togeather and i was on my way.

The first ride i took on it after that i made it 52.9 miles and the engine puked. Total miles on the sled 630. So here i am 50miles from home with a dead sled. Well come to find out there was an oil line going into the airbox that i neglected to hook back up. All the oil pumped out of my engine, and it was toast. I called my dealer and he told me to bring it down, then told me that i was in for a $2000 repair bill.

I sat on it for 2 weeks trying to decide what i was going to do. Then like magic i get a recall notice in the mail stating that there should have been a warning sticker on the airbox telling people to re-install the oil hose! So i took that to the dealer and i ended up with a brand new crate engine! Even though it WAS my fault!

That was the only case of good luck i've ever had with that snowmobile. The clutch exploded through the hood the following season.

Latest posts

Back