Cheap gas! We have been getting ripped off big time!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rustybeercan

Never met a beer he didn't like!
Filled up today for $2.39. Come on, it was a dollar or more a gallon just a couple of months ago. We've been getting ripped off big time by big oil and the government's just been letting them screw us! I'm not bitchin' but just sayin'! :eek:

Beercan

yup

ever since the phony gas crisis l been aware of the scam, the gov'ment think most people are stupid, problem is, there right.

Later :cool:

I agree Skull, we are!..........
funny how gas keeps dropping and food prices and everything else
continues to rise?????? oh that's right we had a drought in Calf.
this summer and that's where all the produce and meat comes from....

rant .....rant ..... sorry............grrrrrrrr

Has any one took a sniff of the "ethanol free" gas it smells old coming out of the pump. but just so it keeps dropping im happy .. And yes they are ripping us a new one ... when they published how much profit exon and other oil co. made in a year like (Billions) its kinda like they are telling you I didn't use lube and I don't care ... Profit is after all expenses are paid correct ? kinda chitty there isnt a law that says how much proffit one can make for something we have to use .. I cant walk to work or put water in my truck and save money on gas prices . we dont have a choice ,, if we cant afford the gas ,, we sure as crap cant afford a car thats cheep on gas either .. well I done got carried away sorry y'all

these company,s are on the stock market, buy shares in them , then you can reap the profit,s too, for go that $5.00 morning coffee every day and save up for those shares and in no time you will have people building your ratrods for you!:D... B.C.[ home of the 1.17 per litre gas..]

I think the diesel prices are due to the sulfur free

issue.....or so they say.....it's all a scam...has always been a scam...one that we are helpless to control....we can complain but not much more....it's still 2.69 a gallon here....I handle the fleet fuel here at the dept.....I was submitting bills for 2200..2300 a month for gas and last month it was 1399.....we don't pay road taxes or sales taxes on fuel for governmental....Michigan roads are terrible...and they are talking more fuel taxes to pay for repairs....:eek:...

Yeah, how 'bout that? [S

It's my understanding, diesel costs less to refine... but the price (here and now) is 30% more. Can you say, "Price Gouging"?

That used to be true. Now, since they take the sulfur out, they have to refine it more finely, hence the higher cost. At least that's what I read somewhere.
Diesel around here is about the same price as premium gas or just a few cents lower.

Diesel comes from the same barrel of crude, not?

I still find it hard to believe it costs more to produce than gasoline. Do they leave the sulfur in everything else?

Do they leave the sulfur in everything else?

That's a fact Doc! Just another BS line we're being fed! I mean really... what's SO different today than 4 months ago?!? All of a sudden there's this big glut? Not buying it! But saying that... I'm super happy paying over a whole dollar less per gallon! Makes drivin' a hot rod much more enjoyable. I'm even gonna dust off the Chevelle & do some crusin'!!!

BoB

OK, conspiracy theory time....
OPEC is keeping production high, helping to create the crude oil glut and driving the price per barrel down in an attempt to curb the production in countries that need at least $85.00 per barrel to be profitable (Alberta tar sands for instance...). Middle east oil is the cheapest to produce and they can make a profit even under $50.00 per barrel and can easily wait out the lower prices in the hopes of killing off production in other countries.
Killing off the Keystone pipeline project from Alberta to the US refineries is also a part of the strategy to strangle North American production.
Then they can get everyone to come back to relying on middle east oil as their main supplier, get us all hooked again and *SHAZAM*, slash production to crank the price back up to $120.00 per barrel.
By the time the higher cost producers get back online they will have made insane profits.

Just my 5 cents worth....

ZZ-

A lot of the Middle East countries need at least $75/BBL too turn a profit too. Russia is over $100/BBL. The reason the price is dropping so fast isn't anything more than commodities speculators bailing out of the market.

Keystone pipeline project - Is a load of BS too.

It's being sold as a way to reduce dependence of foreign oil.

We only "depend" on about 22% of our foreign oil coming from the Mideast & North Africa.

http://www.npr.org/2012/04/11/150444802/where-does-america-get-oil-you-may-be-surprised

It makes me crazy when Keystone is pimped as a way to have cheaper gas here in the USA. Do they expect us to really believe that out of the goodness of BIG OIL's Black Hearts they are going to drop prices at the pump?

And worse the BS it's going to create jobs? A handful for BIG OIL while eliminating the Trucking & Rail industry jobs and the support companies that currently move that oil.

The "gas shortages" of the 70's were a brilliant move by the oil companies. I remember when there were almost riots and lots of fist fights when people were trying to find gas for their cars. All of a sudden, when they got the price where they wanted it, there was a lot of gas available. :rolleyes:

Let's face it guys, they have us by the short hairs. We need gas and we love being able to get as much when and where we want. All they need to do is slow down the flow and we become willing to pay anything to get it.

This current price drop really is shocking. Every day it drops a penny or so, today it is down to $2.62...........I haven't seen that price in years. But, we all know it will not last forever.

Don

The "gas shortages" of the 70's were a brilliant move by the oil companies. I remember when there were almost riots and lots of fist fights when people were trying to find gas for their cars. All of a sudden, when they got the price where they wanted it, there was a lot of gas available. :rolleyes:
Don

Don,
I remember that too. Gas was about 35 cents a gallon. Johnny Carson said on his show one night - "There's no more 35 cent gas but there's all the $1 gas you want". That was exactly the truth! :eek:

Beercan

OK, conspiracy theory time....
OPEC is keeping production high, helping to create the crude oil glut and driving the price per barrel down in an attempt to curb the production in countries that need at least $85.00 per barrel to be profitable (Alberta tar sands for instance...). Middle east oil is the cheapest to produce and they can make a profit even under $50.00 per barrel and can easily wait out the lower prices in the hopes of killing off production in other countries.
Killing off the Keystone pipeline project from Alberta to the US refineries is also a part of the strategy to strangle North American production.
Then they can get everyone to come back to relying on middle east oil as their main supplier, get us all hooked again and *SHAZAM*, slash production to crank the price back up to $120.00 per barrel.
By the time the higher cost producers get back online they will have made insane profits.

Just my 5 cents worth....

Lets not forget Big Oil's lobbists and "paid off" politicians
Equal no help from the gov to curb costs

Now that we have cheaper gas, govt will want to add a bunch of gas tax to fix roads. In MN that means more money for light rail and bike trails for the metro area.

Now that we have cheaper gas, govt will want to add a bunch of gas tax to fix roads. In MN that means more money for light rail and bike trails for the metro area.

I've already heard calls for raising the gas tax which is BS because you know once they add a tax, that never goes away and you know these low prices won't last forever but the tax would! Just shows how much politicians care about the American people, nothing!

Toad

Latest posts

Back