Check out the deal I got on this car!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue

Well I bought car #52 yesterday...
1999 Grand Cherokee Limited
For $500!!!! NOTHING wrong with it!!!
Check out the photos at the bottom of the page..

You always hear about it, but never think it will happen to you..

One word of advice to you all....
NEVER trust a garage you don't know!!!

OK.. Here'e the story if you're interested

Found the Jeep on Craigslist, said it needed a radiator, I went and looked at it (it was at a garage)

Garage where the Jeep was parked said that it needed a fan, radiator, and lower radiator hose..
They said the electric fan broke, and that caused it to overheat and blow the radiator and lower hose

So I went and picked all those parts up and drove the Jeep across the street into a Books-a-Million
parking lot to repair it... I noticed the fan was un plugged, so just for giggles I took some wire and
jumped it over to the battery, and it worked.. they said it needed a new one.. hummm #1

SO.. I look at the lower hose, and can't find where it was split, so I decided to fill the radiator to see
where the leak in that was, and it was 3/4 full.. if the lower hose had burst it should have drained out...
hummmm #2

Look around and did not see a leak in the radiator... hummm #3

Jeeps have a bleeder for the coolant at the high point in the system, so I cracked that and let a bunch of
air out and topped off the radiator and overflow tank.. Then I drove it around the parking lot for 20 min,
and then let it sit and idle for 20 min and the temp never went over 205.. and I saw no leaks
WTF...

The guy had said the upper radiator hose split and he replaced it himself, I am thinking that's when his problems
started, I'm guessing that he did not bleed the air out of the system with the bleeder, which caused an
air pocket in the system causing it to overheat and boil over.. he then towed it to the garage...
That tried to SCREW him!!!!

I drove it home, and have now been driving it for two weeks... no leaks and no overheating, the thing is nice
Nice Leather heated seats, dual zone automatic temp control, sunroof/moonroof,
Jeep 10 disk CD changer, memory seats, towing package, etc...
also that V8 is pretty quick, and it's got a 5speed auto in it, and someone paid to upgrade to the Qudra-Drive...

Not a bad deal for $500... to bad I spent another 240 in parts that I didn't need.. GRRRRRR

WJ1.jpg

WJ3.jpg

WJI.jpg

WJ2.jpg

Being an autobody mechanic I've seen this sort of thing a few times...... even had some try to screw me knowing full well that I'm a mechanic too. Nice for you though. I'll give you a 1000 for it right now. :)

Latest posts

Back